No Laughing Matter

Have a question about switchblades, folders, fixed blades, hand guns, rifles, blow-guns, nuclear weapons, or just plain common sense? Ask Vagrant. If he doesn't have the answer, he'll want to know it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

No Laughing Matter

Postby Viking45 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:16 am

I not only feel this is no laughing matter but actually find it disturbing. When did this happen? When did our youth become so weak?
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/17/co ... p-win.html

I see a lot of money being made off of this and if a guy was smart he would be the first one to start a "get tough" camp.
Charge about 15/20 grand for a month long program to toughen kids up. Make them live in tents,chop their own firewood,catch fish etc.
You heard it here first- I predict you will be hearing about some kind of "get tough" camp in the next six months. :idea:

tequiza

Re: No Laughing Matter

Postby tequiza » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:57 pm

This is funny as hell, wouldn't it be great to be 20 years old, in collage, and start consoling the coeds, bring them up to your place, a little wine, a little music, turn the lights down low, hold them in your arms, and bingo, time to play hide the wienie :idea: :wink:
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers

natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Postby natcherly » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:49 pm

Such boot camps exist in some locations, but mostly as a diversionary option to juvenile jail. Under Selective Service, now mostly a footnote, at least many males got a taste of "tough love", military style.

Yes Pete, I pine for the days when I was 20. I've always been known as a good listener, a talent that would come in handy with the females in this bunch. "I feel your pain", followed somewhat later by "Can I feel your....." Naughty mind :oops:

Viking45

Postby Viking45 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:41 pm

There are "scared straight" programs, programs where troubled youth can go and learn to care for horses and other farm animals,mend fences etc.
Lots of hard physical labor.

But I think someone should have a program specifically for these weak, brain washed college students to toughen them up.
I always had in mind that college prepared you for the rigors of the world not to hide in fear of them.

TRYKER

Postby TRYKER » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:19 am

maybe we should allow teachers to wrap there knuckles with a ruler, slap there ass with a paddle, or where a dunce cap while sitting in the corner or give them detention !!!

there parents certainly ain't teaching them shit about life !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"

Return to “Ask Vagrant”