UFO

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

UFO

Post by Vagrant »

The "u" means UNIDENTIFIED not "alien" :idea:
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: UFO

Post by natcherly »

Putting it in perspective, there are hundreds of billions of galaxies in the universe with billions of trillions of stars and trillions of trillions of planets. It is supremely arrogant of us to think anyone out there, if there be anyone out there, would be bothered to pay any attention to us.

This is what 100 trillion trillion (septillon) looks like. 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
Numbers this large are only contemplated by astronomers, mathematicians and of course politicians who would love to get a hold of money that big. :shock: :lol:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I agree,people use the term "UFO" loosely. There are thousands of UFO sightings,doesn't mean they are little green people.

There are two thoughts on the subject that makes sense.
One is called the "Jungle Theory" this simply means science knows about these huge ant colonies in the middle of the jungle but they are simply not going to make such a huge effort and waste time and money for something so insignificant and they pretty much know all the important facts.

The other is the "Zoo Hypothesis" If there are other intelligent life forms they may check in once in a while for curiosity.
Some believe there are civilizations out there possibly millions of years old so they are advanced beyond human comprehension.

Another thing to consider is the fact that it may not be humans they are interested in but the earth's resources.
There are numerous sites on earth that have clearly been excavated/mined but are ancient well beyond human's ability to perform on such a scale.

I don't want to sound like a fruit cake but none of this crap has influenced my thinking,since childhood I have always felt there were not one or two but perhaps thousands of other life forms out there.

Have they been here,are they watching us? I don't know but I will say this. If they are advanced enough to buzz around the earth in a flying saucer then it is easy for them. Their technology is so advanced that it may not be some giant effort.

These men were chosen for their ability to perform under the demanding psychological pressures of space travel and they were chosen for their supreme intelligence and judgment.
http://www.syti.net/UFOSightings.html
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Read light-speed and light-year :!: Of thousands of stars we can see, many are thousands of light-years away if they burned out tonight, our great great grand kids might find out :!: Anyone from that region would have no place to go home to if they were on the way here :idea: UFOs are of no importance.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Viking interesting post. My uncle a WWII wounded vet, had convinced me at an early age that there are other forms of life out there. He had told me several factual stories back in the 60s before all the UFO stuff went crazy. He was well seated with several high ranking officals and he headed a Vet organization for years. I tend to think he told the truth to me back then, and he firmly felt what he was told was true....Even withiut that info. I would find it hard to believe we are the only forms of life out there......Al check your mail inbox! ...lol...
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Aliens and UFO's are touchy subjects for many people,both that believe and those that do not.

We live in the Milky Way Galaxy and it is vast beyond imagination yet it is considered a small galaxy.
There are millions and millions of galaxies out there and we are the only intelligent creatures in existence?
Even the pope is a believer,he even went on to say we should rejoice at the fact of alien existence.
Ronald Reagan,Jimmy Carter,Kennedy and Douglas MacAurther to name a few that believe in other life forms.

I didn't mind being abducted by the aliens,I just could have done without all the probing. When they came in the "probing room" and I noticed the guy holding the probe was wearing a "Trainee" shirt I knew we were in for a long night. :lol:

http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc1738.htm
http://www.ibtimes.com.au/ufos-aliens-2 ... os-1268495
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Beleving in other lifeforms in one thing, beleving they take a Sunday drive here is a different matter :idea:
DonC

Post by DonC »

Given the unimaginable size of the universe I'm not vain enough to think we're the only ones.
DonC
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Given the unimaginable size almost assures there are other life-forms but means it would take them thousands of years to get here :idea: Read and accept light-speed and light-year :idea:
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

I believe, I also believe the reason that they don't show themselves is because the human race is so violent.
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!