I Want to make a Switchblade Sword!!

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
RunningWithScissors

I Want to make a Switchblade Sword!!

Post by RunningWithScissors »

I am trying to make up some blueprints on makeing a spring release sword with a blade of about 36" is there any kits to buid such a thing??
Any guy can kill another person with a gun!!
But it takes a real man to get up close and STAB!
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

R.W.S. Back in 1965 , I tried to make a switchblade sword ! I had too much time on my hands ,back then :lol: anyway it looked o.k. except , couldn't get a big enough spring ! maybe Mr. Vagrant will help and we'll ]both know how to build one ! "good luck" straydog 8)
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

I've never heard of a switchblade kit that big :roll:

http://www.skm.to/bin/skm.cgi/pager/a/i ... 6423198182
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

They sell 36" switches.
PB
missaman

Post by missaman »

There was one on ebay a while back...
Mr P.B. It ended at 500+
Thanks for your info.... No I don't own it
Missaman
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

SKM has sold 74" switchblades in the past . They were not economy specials so only SERIOUS people should inquire if such items are available, [don't waste their time unless you have several times the cost of a 37" one]. To make your own "switchsword" I would think a single leaf spring from a F-Series Ford pickup truck would more than enough. It would have to be cut lengthwise to the correct width. [Actually a spring from a compact truck should be good enough].
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Yea Al and when the button is pressed and your holding it real tight you will most likely leave the ground for about 15 feet and if your not holding it tight you'll find it 3 streets over lodged in the side of someones house :P
PB
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Pushbutton wrote:Yea Al and when the button is pressed and your holding it real tight you will most likely leave the ground for about 15 feet and if your not holding it tight you'll find it 3 streets over lodged in the side of someones house :P
PB
On BA this would be described as a "real spine snapper!" :wink:
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The Falcon wrote:
Pushbutton wrote:Yea Al and when the button is pressed and your holding it real tight you will most likely leave the ground for about 15 feet and if your not holding it tight you'll find it 3 streets over lodged in the side of someones house :P
PB
On BA this would be described as a "real spine snapper!" :wink:
"Must see to appreciate"?
[I rolled over a V.W. once and put "must see to appreciate" in the ad to sell it, It sold].