Positive

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Positive

Post by Viking45 »

Ok I have decided to quit my usual rants and belly-aches and look to the "bright side"
Just to show I am not a hateful,bitter old man I have made a list of things from a positive point of view.
Please add more.

Many jobs in the Security field have been filled protecting rich Hollywood liberal types from their children being abducted,wives raped and/or kidnapped.
(this is actually true)

Jobs are created when businesses have to be rebuilt after rioting.

Liquor sales sore!

American citizens no longer have to struggle when looking looking for employment...An illegal Mexican,Cuban,Afghani or Libyan already filled the slot.

Gas prices are down.

Guns and ammunition sales are at an all time high.

Flight prices to the Middle East have dropped significantly.

Treyvon Martin and Michael Brown t-shirts sales have sky rocketed...more than Che Guevara.

MSN just posted it's 10 millionth funny pet pic.
(made that one up)
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Re: Positive

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Viking,

I watched more rain come down in the last month, than I saw come down in over 18 months.

The San Francisco Chronicle banned me because I think the City of Ferguson should have an all Black police force.

I prefer Modelo over Coors now a days, for some reason I cannot explain.

I'm neglecting a whole case of Tannerite in my garage, for some reason I cannot explain.

And I'm going to Newport Oregon sometime after the first of the year!

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
DonC

Post by DonC »

Bonzo:
Don't miss the Canyon Way Bookstore and restaurant when you're in Newport. Great place to browse and grab something to eat.
http://canyonway.com/menu

DonC
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

I've got positive too!

The girlfriend from hell doesn't prattle so much any more; she's preoccupied with her new 3.4 lb. dog that barks constantly and hates me.

Her old little barky dog (whom I can't stand either) is suddenly my friend because the girlfriend from hell and the cute little puppy from hell have no interest in him.

Old little barky dog understands the command GO!, and gets lost when I say it loud enough.

Girlfriend from hell doesn't cook, but I have a freezer full of Maria Calender chicken pot pies, which are actually pretty good. Oh, and a Pappa John's pizza arrived here after I got home from work. She doesn't cook, but orders pizzas pretty well.

I'm selling back 80 hours of time off where I work; I still have over 20 hours left, but never get a chance to take a day off. Actually, I took a day off last week. I normally work a 49 hour week, but with the holiday, we didn't do any overtime, so I didn't lose any time-and-a-half pay, therefore felt OK about taking time off.

Wait a minute, I've got a good job, a sexy girlfriend, a nice little house, new car, and a new Fender bass. Life could be worse.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Everything positive here,
I'm 70, still on the right side of the grass,
Winter is warm so far this year in Ga,
Have enough wood split and stacked for at least two more winters even if an another cold front comes through,

I'm on my 2nd bottle of Founders Breakfast stout, and have a fridge full of Dirty Bastard, and stout,and a few bottles of backwoods bastard too,
Hell, life is good so far,
Facing my future with a hell of a past, looks like tomorrow is coming on fast, ain't complaining about what I got, seen better day but who has not :D
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Tom what Fender bass did you get? Precision,Jazz...rosewood fret board or maple etc?
I have a couple guitars and a bass. My bass is an absolutely cherry 1984 Peavey Foundation made in USA and is Peavey's version of the Jazz bass.
Of course they were not as nice as the Fender but still considered pretty good basses.
I will say this,for the money you cannot beat the quality,sound and reliability of Peavey bass amps. Love Fender but....
The Peavey "Max" series amps are just ridiculously high quality,great sounding amps at 300 or less. I really like the (15"speaker) Max because you get this crystal clear and quiet(clean) bass sound at a very low volume which I like,but would rock a medium sized pub no problem.
Hands down the best amp of any kind even close to this price range- http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MAX115V2

I have a Fender Roadhouse Stratocaster what they call antique white with maple finger board and pearl scratch plate. I was attracted to the large late 60's headstock or I most likely would not have bought it.
Very old school and in my mind it's what a Strat is all about. It's a Mexican made guitar but the fit/finish is superb in every way.

Haven't got a pic of my guitar handy but it looks like this-
Attachments
Roadhouse.jpg
Roadhouse.jpg (21.66 KiB) Viewed 8738 times
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

DonC wrote:Bonzo:
Don't miss the Canyon Way Bookstore and restaurant when you're in Newport. Great place to browse and grab something to eat.
http://canyonway.com/menu

DonC
Mr. Don,

Thank you kindly for the heads up and menu! I will forward this to my new ladyfriend, who is a logistics multi-tasker.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Viking45 wrote:Tom what Fender bass did you get? Precision,Jazz...rosewood fret board or maple etc?
I have a couple guitars and a bass. My bass is an absolutely cherry 1984 Peavey Foundation made in USA and is Peavey's version of the Jazz bass.
Of course they were not as nice as the Fender but still considered pretty good basses.
I will say this,for the money you cannot beat the quality,sound and reliability of Peavey bass amps. Love Fender but....
The Peavey "Max" series amps are just ridiculously high quality,great sounding amps at 300 or less. I really like the (15"speaker) Max because you get this crystal clear and quiet(clean) bass sound at a very low volume which I like,but would rock a medium sized pub no problem.
Hands down the best amp of any kind even close to this price range- http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MAX115V2

I have a Fender Roadhouse Stratocaster what they call antique white with maple finger board and pearl scratch plate. I was attracted to the large late 60's headstock or I most likely would not have bought it.
Very old school and in my mind it's what a Strat is all about. It's a Mexican made guitar but the fit/finish is superb in every way.

Haven't got a pic of my guitar handy but it looks like this-
Hi Vike,

I got a Jaguar; rosewood/silver. Though I play guitar mostly, I love bass; have had an old 70's Precision Special for many years, but it's way too heavy for my liking. The Jaguar is a lot lighter. It has a Precision split pickup and a Jazz Bass single coil. I picked up an Acoustic 30 watt amp at the same time; good enough for the amateur doodling I do.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Cool Tom. The Jaguar basses are gorgeous instruments,probably more so than the J and P basses.
Yeah the old 70's Fenders were logs but they set the standard for almost every bass that came after.

In the 50's and 60's if you asked a guy in a band what he played he would just say "I play the Fender" because there just weren't many other bass makers back then.
As for your amp I'd say you got the best bass amp for the price,nothing comes close for what you get in that price range and Acoustic's are reliable,sound good and super nice looking.