5 most dangerous guns

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
tequiza

5 most dangerous guns

Post by tequiza »

Just when you think they can't get any dumber :shock: :roll:
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/pi ... a-20140714
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Viking45

Re: 5 most dangerous guns

Post by Viking45 »

The first one on the list is the "pistol" with it's "built-in" barrel. Quote: "pistols are defined by their built-in barrel and short stock"
It is always entertaining to read an article by someone with no background or familiarity of the subject.

Exactly what is this "built-in" barrel mechanism,I am intrigued. 8)

Shotguns made the list...even Big Joe B said to fire your shotgun out the window to scare off intruders.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

You are so right Pete. It did occur to me that they could have combined "pistols", "revolvers", and "derringers" into handguns, an then added cannons and grenade launchers. That way, they would have all bases covered. What were they thinking?

Jim
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

jim d, wrote:You are so right Pete. It did occur to me that they could have combined "pistols", "revolvers", and "derringers" into handguns, an then added cannons and grenade launchers. That way, they would have all bases covered. What were they thinking?

Jim
They weren't thinking Jim, their anti-gun liberals! :lol:
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

One does not go to RollingStone for any serious discussion on such issues. However, I see the comments have pointed out some of the absurdities of this piece.

Had a look at RS's 100 Greatest Guitarists. The ignored several that should have made that cut such as Ike Turner (probably not included for political reasons), Don Felder (wrote Hotel California, the tune and the guitar solo that Joe Walsh participated in), Glen Campbell, Steve Winwood, the list goes on.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

1. Semi-auto pistols
2. Revolvers
3. Rifles
4. Shotguns
5. Derringers

That just about covers everything, YES?
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

natcherly wrote:One does not go to RollingStone for any serious discussion on such issues. However, I see the comments have pointed out some of the absurdities of this piece.

Had a look at RS's 100 Greatest Guitarists. The ignored several that should have made that cut such as Ike Turner (probably not included for political reasons), Don Felder (wrote Hotel California, the tune and the guitar solo that Joe Walsh participated in), Glen Campbell, Steve Winwood, the list goes on.
I agree 100%. I consider myself a music lover and especially guitar. Knowing what/whom you listed and some guitarists I am familiar with the RS list is absurd.
There are at least a dozen on their list that may have had a catchy riff but are far far from the Top 100. Some of the 70's/80's punk style guitarists. Really?
Every Eagles guitarist has been phenomenal,Roy Clark,Doc Watson and David Gilmour (I think he is on the list)

Back to the subject,had they elaborated on the difference between an auto-loader,revolver and derringer it may have made sense,like Jim stated all should just be classified as a handgun.
I can't legitimately dispute it but their "numbers" seemed a bit extreme- 27,000 shotgun recoveries in 2012. Not sure what they mean by "recovery" :?:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

if you have a lathe and milling machine, you make what you wish :wink:
[I bhave 4 of one, and two of the other] :)
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

JerrBear wrote:1. Semi-auto pistols
2. Revolvers
3. Rifles
4. Shotguns
5. Derringers

BINGO :!:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I have:
[double barrels]
a 22 over 410
a 22 Hornet over 410
a 22 over 45/410
add those to the list :idea:
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Coming from Rolling Stone, I'd have expected the 5 most dangerous guns to be:

1. Peter Gunn
2. JoJo Gun
3. Guns & Roses
4. The Guns of Navarrone
5. Revolver (Beatles)

Needless to say, maybe, but I think Rolling Stone is staffed, produced, and read by idiots.

I know that the covenant with God included the clause that He wouldn't destroy the Earth with another flood. He never mentioned that he would use liberals to do the job, though. Someday, I think, the word God will go out of style, and people will use the phrase Tricky Dickie instead.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Good one Tom.

Jim
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Never mention sub-machine guns, obviously they are a lot safer than all the listed firearms :P
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

JerrBear wrote: That just about covers everything, YES?
dark2023 wrote:Never mention sub-machine guns, obviously they are a lot safer than all the listed firearms :P
Mos' excellent point, Mr. Darkness.

I think guns are dangerous because... Ummmm... Uhhhh... Errrr...
Because they're jimpin' GUNS for crissakes!!!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

dark2023 wrote:Never mention sub-machine guns, obviously they are a lot safer than all the listed firearms :P
It seems the sub-machine gun is far too complicated for the author of this fine article to comprehend.
I'm sure if one were to read "statistics" you would see many robberies and gang related crimes involve something like the Interdynamic KG-9 and Intratec TEC DC-9.
They are easy to get,easy to conceal and it's easy to obtain ammo for these weapons.

Here's one you don't hear about everyday,the CZ VZ61 Scorpion(seems like the Czech's spelled it with a "K")
Not a great caliber(32 ACP) but certainly clear a room in a hurry. These things are insanely fast.
Love the look of it with the suppressor...and the shooter doesn't look too shabby. 8)
Scorpion.jpg
Scorpion.jpg (22.37 KiB) Viewed 5384 times
scorpion_handler.jpg
scorpion_handler.jpg (201.01 KiB) Viewed 5384 times
Ya gotta laugh at this video. They are firing the Scorpion full auto and watch where the brass goes when this little monster is fired. :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtRM14wf6cg