Work Sux

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Since the "whiz kids" with their MBAs started practicing their nonsense in the 70s more American companies have gone out of business than in the 200 years leading up to then.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Vagrant,

Blame greed not MBA's, but you can blame greedy MBA's. I remember when I was getting my MBA, we heard a quote from a Japanese executive. I do not advocate the entire Japanese approach to business, but they have a few golden nuggets. One thing they do is look beyond this quarter and what Wall Street will do. Some even have a 100 year plan. The quote went something like "I don't understand why these American managers are more concerned with shareholders that they do not know than they are with their employees that they do know" Food for thought

Jim
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I have only worked for three companies in my entire life that showed ANY interest in the employees and all had less than 20 employees, [size matters???]
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

wendigo wrote: I do not have a job, I manage to find work. What I have is a bunch of part time jobs with no benefits.

Mr. Wendigo,

You sir, are a fine example of what it takes to put bread on the table. Not one who is too proud to take a menial job, or several. I commend your resolve. I have no use for crybaby welfare recipients who cry there is no work, or 'that job don't pay enough'.

My book says that if a man don't work, that man shouldn't eat.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Bonzo wrote:
My book says that if a man don't work, that man shouldn't eat.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
I agree but I bet the local grocery store might have a problem with the concept. They would hate to lose any customers. [Watching a "lady" pay with food stamps and drive away in a BMW always is interesting].
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Vagrants Rules
Life isn't fair and the government should not try to "make things even", I don't deserve any special treatment because I'm short, tall, fat, thin, black, white, old, young, male, female, smart or dumb.

Those who work should live BETTER than those who don't.

You don't have a right to something of mine just because you need it. Raising my taxes to pay for your food, kids, housing, or crack habit is just plain dishonest.

Taxes should be based on the services you USE. Don't go to the park, library, civic center, schools. etc. cross it of your taxes.

The same tax rate [percentage wise] for everyone. A neighbor who makes three time what I do should not pay a higher percentage, at the same percentage he'll pay three times what I do. Why should he pay four times what I do???

Some of these would benefit others more than they would me. Ha Ha I lose. I still believe in them because they're right.
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

Oh man, dont get me started... I was a floor mgr at a grocery store for 2 yrs in college and it was INCREDIBLE to watch. Trying to pack 300 dollars worth of grocerys paid for w/ food stamps into a corvette w/ the dealer sticker still on it. I saw just about everything.
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

I had a job for 17 years I "loved" maintanence , then was told the job no longer existed ! :shock: now I'm drivin' a forklift , bummer ! I felt so bad , I ordered a new knife ! "stuff happens "
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Done: industrial mechanic, maintenance mechanic, elcetro/mechanical/tech, field srvice tech/ production mechanic, [all the same thing really] but this is the first place I hated it.
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Vagrant,
It sounds like you and I have had a lot of similarities in our careers. I've had my ups and downs, too. What kind of stuff is going on with your job? It looks like lean manufacturing, ISO, and all the associated bullshit is starting to take its toll among people like us.
TR
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

tr4252 wrote:Vagrant,
It sounds like you and I have had a lot of similarities in our careers. I've had my ups and downs, too. What kind of stuff is going on with your job? It looks like lean manufacturing, ISO, and all the associated bullshit is starting to take its toll among people like us.
TR
At my place it's [very] poor management, plus the owners desire to sell that is killing the place. I've had close to 30 jobs in my life!!! NONE of my former employers are still in business! Something is VERY WRONG in our country.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

:roll: something wrong with the country :?: lets start with the liberals,we'll take care of you from craddel to grave,well f that, i like you sir have always made my own way'up and down the ladder many times, i have picked up cans,sold firewood,worked on the side cutting grass'anything to make a buck,i to have seen 300$ of steaks on food stamps put into a bmw and the person was wearing 500$ worth of clothes,i to agree that the tax should even for every body,why should you pay more % just because you make more,let the man who is smart enough to make the big money keep his fair share so he can invest in other business to create more jobs,did you ever try to get a job from a poor man.
tequiza
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

tequiza wrote::roll: something wrong with the country :?: lets start with the liberals,we'll take care of you from craddel to grave,well f that, i like you sir have always made my own way'up and down the ladder many times, i have picked up cans,sold firewood,worked on the side cutting grass'anything to make a buck,i to have seen 300$ of steaks on food stamps put into a bmw and the person was wearing 500$ worth of clothes,i to agree that the tax should even for every body,why should you pay more % just because you make more,let the man who is smart enough to make the big money keep his fair share so he can invest in other business to create more jobs,did you ever try to get a job from a poor man.
tequiza
This is good enough that I won't add anything.