Pics o.k. on my forum? Lets try one and see.

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Pics o.k. on my forum? Lets try one and see.

Post by Vagrant »

Styer/Mannlicher Austrian straight pull bolt. 8x56m.
I was warned about recoil and I hardly noticed it, UNTIL I fired it prone, - yup it kicks a bit.
Sooner or later I'll post my .303 Ross Straight pull for you Canucks.
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Mr. Vagrant,

The pic works OK...... the recoil on a long gun is MOS' painful for me.... don't know why ..... even standing up ..... I don't like fixed breech 12 gauges.... (gas autos are OK) yet I have no problem with the most powerful handguns...strange..

Best wishes
Teddy
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

How about the C3A1, a Parker-Hale(m82) in .308 win. with a Kahles Helios ZF69 6x42 scope. Had a chance to fires these back in the '80 when the Canadian military were in the process of upgrade their existing C3's.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The NEWEST military rifle I ever shot was an M-16 around 1970 [officially this event did NOT happen just like the Helicopter ride, or throwing that grenade]. The gun in the pic is an 1895 model Artillery or Cavalry carbine.
The straight pull bolt makes it very fast. The Ross [also a straight pull is newer than the Styer but still late 30s - 40s vintage] Newer stuff I have little experience with. Parker Hales have an excelent reputation but I've never shot one, and only seen a couple.