ATS-34 Stilleto...

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

ATS-34 Stilleto...

Post by J-man »

Vagrant, do the plain blade ATS-34 Stilettos from SKM hold up as a little more then "light users" in your opinion?
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

I believe they only come standard and as for light users they are great. Opening mail.cutting string,cleaning your nails etc. What people don't understand is a good user needs belly and stilettos have none regardless of what wonder steel they come in.
PB
J-man

Post by J-man »

Pushbutton wrote:I believe they only come standard and as for light users they are great. Opening mail.cutting string,cleaning your nails etc. What people don't understand is a good user needs belly and stilettos have none regardless of what wonder steel they come in.
PB
I know a "user" needs belly PB. How do you feel about the Spyderco Police? Does it have enough belly to be a user like they say? It seems similar in shape to a stiletto. The only "large" spydie that I have is a Military which has ALOT of belly. Also, can anyone reccomend me a "large" maybe even a "medium" but thinner bladed folder that can still hold up to some use? So many folders and autos to choose from though. I've been looking at the Godfather/Godson since I've heard they've improved the tip alot.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

I like the ats 34 stilettos, they seem to hold an edge alot better than the regular 440 b. They do lack belly as you guys put it, but a nice light use switch.
The Spyderco are one of my favourite folders, razor sharp and built like tanks. Nothing negative about them.
J-Man, have you ever considered an Emerson, they have great knifes that can take a beating and still hold an edge. I have a few and not one bit dissapointed with them.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Mors Profundis

Post by Mors Profundis »

Maybe the Cold Steel Ti-lite?
Cold steel knives seem to be a labor of love, and I've owned several-they come sharp as the devil and stay that way with minimal attention.
A trick with narrow blades, sharpen them with a stropping motion, not a pushing stroke.
This will make them cut on the pull,not on the push, useful with blades that are narrow and straight.
Life has no value, but death has it's price
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Now I will piss off Razor. No offense I have never been a Spydie fan I do own a Jesse Horn in Black Micarta and it is flawless.That said check out BenchMades web site they seem to have a knife to suit your every need. I have always been partial to BM's I think they look good use good materials and are made well. And I could tell by the tone of your voice you thought I directed the belly part at you therefore making you think that I think your stupid Right. I was addressing those that would read the thread who always seem to think a stilletto is the way to go for daily chores that is all I meant and I apologise if you took it out of context sincerly.
PB

Jman It was kind of a dumb question coming from you OOOOOOOOOh shut my mouth 8)
J-man

Post by J-man »

Pushbutton wrote:Now I will piss off Razor. No offense I have never been a Spydie fan I do own a Jesse Horn in Black Micarta and it is flawless.That said check out BenchMades web site they seem to have a knife to suit your every need. I have always been partial to BM's I think they look good use good materials and are made well. And I could tell by the tone of your voice you thought I directed the belly part at you therefore making you think that I think your stupid Right. I was addressing those that would read the thread who always seem to think a stilletto is the way to go for daily chores that is all I meant and I apologise if you took it out of context sincerly.
PB

Jman It was kind of a dumb question coming from you OOOOOOOOOh shut my mouth 8)
I'm a spydie and bm fan :lol:
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Then you succeeded in wasting my valuable time by answering your own question. All this time I could have been at the hun instead of screwing around with your nonsense. I trust the matter has been taken care of?
PB
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

If you keep them sharp the ATS-34 stilettos cut much better. The easier they cut the less stress is placed on the rest of the knife. So yes they will hold up better than the same knife in 420 IF you keep them shaving sharp.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Sorry to burst your bubble, PB, i don' t get pissed easily. :D :D
We all have different tastes in knifes and thats what makes this hobby an interesting one. Different views and thoughts, but we all love the knife.
I love the Benchmade products also, carried a Mini reflex for years as an edc, untill i passed it over to my nephew.
~RAZOR~
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Jesus Razor I was hoping to get you red faced hopping mad. I was just yanking your chain.
PB
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Hey, no problem PB. Have yourself a good one. :D :D
~RAZOR~
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

if we are talking about any knives, Ill throw out the Kershaw Bump as a good choice.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Good point [and a good belly too].
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Benny info please.Are they out yet? Speed assisted? Specs. Come on Lad spill the freaking beans.
PB