I need your expertise...

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
blackjack

I need your expertise...

Post by blackjack »

Hey Vagrant, lately Ive been searching for one of Microtechs "Nemesis" knives, people are asking some outrageous prices for those things. They look like really tough, high-performance knives, have you ever owned one or know of anyone who does. If so can you give a review, also, can you offer an opinion on Microtech as a company, they've gotten a bad rap on some of the other forums. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
blackjack
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

No experience at all with the Nemesis, sorry I can't help [yet].
As for people trashing MT, it happens to everyone sooner or later, I guess it's their turn in the barrel. I have NEVER had a problem or complaint. Some people belong to the "our latest complaint" forum and need to keep up with or out-do others, Consider the source[s]. If bitching is a big part of their lives don't pay much attention.
Gonzo_Beyondo

Post by Gonzo_Beyondo »

I rather enjoy my MT products. They are pricey, have really gay screws, skateboard tape for inserts, and lousy service/repair times (so i've heard) but the knives do kick ass. I'm awaiting #6 of my collection.

no OTFs yet as they tend to be $275 and up...

but if i was looking to spend some bucks on a good OTF, i would'nt look anywhere BUT microtech.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Blackjack, I wouldn't go for a Nemesis. I'd get a UT6... I know a place with some good prices if your interested.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

I'd get one of those big CFO's! :D
They're good, bad and ugly all wrapped up in one. :wink:
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."