cetme

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
robert01

cetme

Post by robert01 »

This is the Spanish CETME, although there are many versions of this weapon. this did military service and assure you that burst with weapons of war could not shoot more than 3 rounds because he climbed a lot. with the 308 bullets if you can shoot as they have less gunpowder in the cartridge.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYWkJoGGL-0
Viking45

Re: cetme

Post by Viking45 »

Nice video. My brother has this rifle(CETME) and I absolutely love it. His son (my nephew) bought it for him after he got out of the Marine Corp.
I have fired many 308 rifles and none of them were as loud as this gun. Wow is it loud.
Not sure why it's so loud because I used to have an SAR 48 (308) and didn't have to wear hearing protection,this CETME however I wouldn't want to be 50 ft away without hearing protection.

Here is a photo of the SAR 48 like I used to have. It was made in Brazil if I recall correctly.(Springfield Armory)
I regret selling that rifle,it was ridiculously huge but was a blast to shoot. Very pleasant in fact because the weight kept the recoil down.
Attachments
SAR-48.jpg
SAR-48.jpg (80.33 KiB) Viewed 8379 times
CETME.jpg
CETME.jpg (23.38 KiB) Viewed 8379 times
robert01

Post by robert01 »

Viking45 wrote:Nice video. My brother has this rifle(CETME) and I absolutely love it. His son (my nephew) bought it for him after he got out of the Marine Corp.
I have fired many 308 rifles and none of them were as loud as this gun. Wow is it loud.
Not sure why it's so loud because I used to have an SAR 48 (308) and didn't have to wear hearing protection,this CETME however I wouldn't want to be 50 ft away without hearing protection.

Here is a photo of the SAR 48 like I used to have. It was made in Brazil if I recall correctly.(Springfield Armory)
I regret selling that rifle,it was ridiculously huge but was a blast to shoot. Very pleasant in fact because the weight kept the recoil down.
robert01

Post by robert01 »

the below if it is the Spanish CETME. has some differences with the new on the market cetme models. the lever to release the loader it has between the charger and the trigger. the muzzle flash suppressor is the original and detaches, but in the new one is fixed. another thing is the charger, this is the original. wonderful cetme the bottom one is the model c. cetme history was a German armaments manufacturer who fled to Spain. cetme abbreviations in the military means to each corner has Shit Escondida. She said it that the barracks for a second lieutenant we were to wipe it well. with the translator mistranslated.
each
hand corner
has
shit
Escondida
robert01

Post by robert01 »

Viking45 wrote:Nice video. My brother has this rifle(CETME) and I absolutely love it. His son (my nephew) bought it for him after he got out of the Marine Corp.

The upstairs is a model B with modifications cetme.
the one below is a model C cetme original unmodified.
robert01

Post by robert01 »

robert01 wrote:

with live ammunition. santa barbara manufactures. is much stronger. santa barbara ammunition and military ammunition is not sold. when shooting burst could only endure 3 shots. ascended much 7.62x51 cal new model that came out in '92 CETME Model E and of fiber this was very bad. 5.56 to the Bosnia we distributed the Spanish legionnaires. now changed the model hk g36 5.56
robert01

Post by robert01 »

c model was moved to smaller sizes. did not want to kill only wound
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

The reason why the CETME is so overly loud is the fluted chamber. It's that way to assist with extraction. The Hk91/CETME/G3 are all pretty well the same critter. They're a roller locking mechanism, and as much as some of the variants are super awesome (like the Vollmer 51-b) the roller lock on those is prone to wear.

The only Spanish firearm I have is a Star Modelo Super in 9MM Largo. I have one box of Santa Barbara ammunition for it. I also have a great deal of difficulty getting parts for it. Luckily I didn't spend much money on it. I'd rather have an Astra, even if they are the ugliest, clunkiest pistol known to man.
I walked a mile in my enemy's shoes.... And then I stole his shoes.
robert01

Post by robert01 »

Army guns now are llama. 9mm. SMG was the star of Z70B but gave problems with the blows which they received were loaded themselves, did not have to throw the lever backwards montage.
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

Here are a couple PTR 91's that i bought. Since i have sold one plan on keeping the other

I haven't shot a Cetme rifle, but many say these are better guns all around. They shoot great from what i have experienced.
robert01

Post by robert01 »

are very similar to Spanish cetmes. Here what I usually do is buy one as normal rifle with 5 bullets charger and another unusable. it remove the the useless pistol and charger 25 and puts the new. the cetme new position has not gust
robert01

Post by robert01 »

This is the star submachine Z70B http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/4743/starz70b3hq.jpg
east gave problems, burden alone.
robert01

Post by robert01 »

east is the model E cetme went very bad. http://www.militaria.es/Armes/L1p01011-1.jpg
robert01

Post by robert01 »

robert01 wrote:This is the star submachine Z70B http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/4743/starz70b3hq.jpg
east gave problems, burden alone.
to this and seen it bent because it happened over a vehicle bmr, stayed as a Indian bow. this is what happened over. http://fotos.subefotos.com/3ae3d553da28 ... 09560o.jpg
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

You know, the guy is a little hard to understand due to the translator localization.... but I like him.

You checked out the Star Model 28? It was in the running to be the next issue pistol... unfortunately the Beretta won.

Neat fact about the PTR91... Vollmer fit some of those with an HK21 belt feed. I'm ok with a semi-auto only belt feed. :)
I walked a mile in my enemy's shoes.... And then I stole his shoes.