More media b.s.

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

More media b.s.

Post by Vagrant »

I've been told a M15 was not used in the NEWTOWN shooting it ws found in his trunk afterwards. Security cameras only show him entering with pistols.
So far very limited confirmation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqpjJ6P-NSQ
Chrisadamley

Re: More media b.s.

Post by Chrisadamley »

Just wow...you think this will get any traction? If true why aren't they going after pistols?

You know whats funny...even if this does blow up and get more recognition...i bet they will STILL go after AR's

They don't actually care about what happened...they will just use it as an excuse.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

I have been on vacation for a couple of weeks, but I do remember a report relatively early on that the perp used two pistols. The Bushmaster was in his car, in the trunk. All of a sudden the media buried this and went after "assault rifles". Let's face in, our media is fundamentally corrupt. It is agenda driven and to hell with any facts that get in the way.
Krab-E

Post by Krab-E »

natcherly wrote: Let's face in, our media is fundamentally corrupt. It is agenda driven and to hell with any facts that get in the way.
You've hit the nail on the head.
I'd rather have a Bottle-in-Front-of-me, than a Frontal-Lobotomy!
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

natcherly wrote:I have been on vacation for a couple of weeks, but I do remember a report relatively early on that the perp used two pistols. The Bushmaster was in his car, in the trunk. All of a sudden the media buried this and went after "assault rifles". Let's face in, our media is fundamentally corrupt. It is agenda driven and to hell with any facts that get in the way.
I think they should be able to be sued. Don't really know by who...but there should be very harsh penalties if it comes out that the media purposely told a story wrong
turbo_dog

Post by turbo_dog »

According to Connecticut Sate Police, he used a Bushmaster AR-15 for most of the killing and one of the pistols to kill himself. They found a shot gun in his car.
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/33 ... verbruggen#

I think I read that the AR-15 he used would not have been covered under the old Clinton-era assault weapons ban.
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Post by hogwild »

Doesn't really matter what he used. He forced his way into a mandated gun free Killing zone. Why in the world would anyone advertise a place made for easy killing? How stupid is that?

I like the sign my sons put on our doors- Intruders will be shot until dead, someone is home 24/7 waiting to defend this home.
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M15_mine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M15_rifle# ... ed_designs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M15_pistol
Vagrant, don't think I'm trying to give you hell, but you mean AR15/M16. If he had used the second one there would have been waaaaaay bigger problems. As yet I don't think anyone has used a semiauto .308 in an idiot rampage.

I was rather curious about just this thing, however. I've been hearing all kinds of conflicting stories and would like to know the goddamn truth.
I walked a mile in my enemy's shoes.... And then I stole his shoes.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

The media did at first say a hand gun was used and the rifle was in the car, but the Medical Examiner. a large goofey guy, said a high powered rifle was used with ammo designed to expand....He was a simple, goofey guy with no gun agenda or any people skills. He laughed due to being nervous and made a bit of a fool of himself, but it was the first time it was stated a rifle was used and any reference to the ammo used. After his interview the story changed to the rifle as the main weapon. It would lead one to believe it was the rifle, and finally on the released police radio calls, the first responding officers made reference to a rifle and pistols at the scene of the shooting being recovered and this was way before anyone was looking to see what car was his....
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Post by hogwild »

Now I know this is for the tin-foil hat crowd but; there have also been reports of more than 1 shooter. I often wonder about these mass killings; to include a bigger agenda. Just saying- fast and furious.
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

There are actually three tinfoil hat possibilities. I'm not going to fully discount any of them until evidence to the contrary surfaces. Normally I don't tell anyone my theories on things. I just watch, and as yet I've not had to deal with anything that I have considered to be possible.

Numero uno: false flag operation either planned or induced... MK Ultra anyone?

Two... Zombie apocalypse anyone? Seriously, what if there is an illness, a pathogen of some sort that is causing homicidal tendencies? It wouldn't be reported In cases where the damage isn't public and serious. Someone goes nuts and smacks the crap out of someone you're not going to hear it. If their predilection is toward the use of arms... Wouldn't it make sense that that would be the way they'd go about it?

Option there: increased prescription of psych medications. All this chemically a amaltering people's brains is going to have an eventual consequence.

It's been noted that the density of incidents themselves is statistically ridiculous. There could be several reasons including expanding human conciousness, helplessness related to the condition of the country (seriously, look at some of what went on in the depression), or perhaps anticipation of the end of the world.

But all of these theories ignore the simplest explaination; which is that some people are just nuts. Either way, I feel that the best solution is to expect violence from people and to be prepared to deal decisively with that eventuality. You can legislate many things; the workings of the human mind is not one of them. I've stated more than once that some humans are equal to pests. They cause damage because that's just what they do. I don?t try to reason with a mad dog or a gopher. I surely wouldn't try to reason with an idiot rampager. I've never had to be on the cutting edge of this (ie war) but I have had opportunities to deal with people in anger. These endless arguments about solution by legislation just serve to cloud the issue. Again, some people are nuts.
I walked a mile in my enemy's shoes.... And then I stole his shoes.