wasp injection system

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Jody

wasp injection system

Post by Jody »

Hi Vagrant, I was wondering if you or any of your friends here have seen one of those knives with a CO2 Cartridge in the handle?

They market them for SCUBA divers against shark attacks but the site says land or sea.
I wonder if anyone has had a chance to check one out and if it was awesome....

The article where I first saw it, said the military was considering buying the patent, then low and behold they are for sale to the general public.

How is it that some idiot hasn't (God forbid) used this on a human yet???
Anyway just wondering if you guys had any info on this.
I tried to post a question about this on Leatherneck.com forum and they must have thought I was trying to sell them or something and they removed my post before I could get a single answer. :roll:

Jody :)
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: wasp injection system

Post by Vagrant »

Originally intented for shark defense, the true effectiivensss will probably highly variable :?
But exosure in the media will likely result in legislation :idea:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

This was posted in the "Sporting,Hunting,Fishing..." section.

http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17083
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

I know a guy who made one of those himself. It didnt end well. The tip of the blade exploded and nearly blinded him.

That being said, it looks interesting for novelty use.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"