You can keep the veggieburger and salad bar

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

You can keep the veggieburger and salad bar

Post by Vagrant »

I'll let "trained nutritionists" set my diet 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTKysI59HAw
Viking45

Re: You can keep the veggieburger and salad bar

Post by Viking45 »

Actually those burgers look pretty good but just a double would do me just fine....oh and maybe a couple of the nurse/waitresses could stand by just in case :wink:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I could have used a few, last winter. I tried to "bulk up" 10-12 pounds for the winter. I started in Sept, and it took until Aug. :wink:
I am at a bulked up 143 for this winter.
If, I start slimming down now, for summer, I'll probably be back to 134, just in time for next winter :roll:
catavengercaptain

Post by catavengercaptain »

The fries are made from potatoes & potatoes are vegetables :mrgreen:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

catavengercaptain wrote:The fries are made from potatoes & potatoes are vegetables :mrgreen:
But "veggieburgers" aren't, and most "vegans" don't consider potatos healthy :wink:
[potato/potatoe - EITHER spelling is correct despite commiecrat's media, trashing of Quayle] :roll:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Too lazy to read through the article but I remember seeing it when he first started.

This guy is some kind of "tater commissioner" or something with the state of Washington and he ate nothing but potatoes for 60 days.
He lowered his cholesterol like 60 pts and lost like 20-25 pounds.
So the myth of potatoes not being healthy is busted.
They have more potassium than a banana,more or at least as much C as an orange.
Fiber and a few other goodies depending on how they are prepared....fried in pig fat is not a healthy method :lol:

I think the Heart Attack Grill uses lard for frying...not canola or peanut oil.
catavengercaptain

Post by catavengercaptain »

Yum lard :wink:
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

140 somthin lbs is bulked up?! wow.... i might be overusing the pig lard! lmao
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

But it doesn't last, I'm back down to 140, however, I can put a couple pounds back on in a couple - three weeks :wink:
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

dude i weigh 270! n i need to lose down to 190 to get my dream job (flight medic)
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

EVERYTHING tastes better fried in LARD! I LOVE it (but, alas, I don't eat it)...

Mr. Vagrant,

Does putting on weight inna winter keep you warm? Never heard of a human doing that... Or, is there another reason you do it?
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Frank

Post by Frank »

If the proper frying temperature is observed, frying in lard is no worse than using canola oil. Pretty much 6 of one, half-dozen of another. And it tastes better.

VBR,

Frank
Don't blame me, I voted for Alice Cooper.
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

ay Frank- unless tha frying temp of that lard ur using is 98.6 or so, then it will solidify in your veins-hence causing a clot. That's why fried foods are so looked down upon, the grease solidifies in your blood stream in your arteries/veins and causes restricted blood flow. regardless of how hot you fry it, it will still cool down in your vessels and solidify. however, 100% of the people that use canola oil all their life- will die too.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

KMNREMTP wrote:ay Frank- unless tha frying temp of that lard ur using is 98.6 or so, then it will solidify in your veins-hence causing a clot. That's why fried foods are so looked down upon, the grease solidifies in your blood stream in your arteries/veins and causes restricted blood flow. regardless of how hot you fry it, it will still cool down in your vessels and solidify. however, 100% of the people that use canola oil all their life- will die too.
That's why Moonshine was invented, to melt all that fat, lots of 90+ southern boys are living proof of that ! :wink:
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

KMNREMTP wrote:ay Frank- unless tha frying temp of that lard ur using is 98.6 or so, then it will solidify in your veins-hence causing a clot. That's why fried foods are so looked down upon, the grease solidifies in your blood stream in your arteries/veins and causes restricted blood flow. regardless of how hot you fry it, it will still cool down in your vessels and solidify. however, 100% of the people that use canola oil all their life- will die too.
You best bone up on what actually happens in the digestive process. To fill you in, fats are not directly absorbed into the bloodstream but are broken down into components that then can be turned into things like the so-called bad cholesterol. The main reason fried food is "looked down upon" is that it adds a lot of extra calories from the frying oil.