cold steel sword cane

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
catavengercaptain

cold steel sword cane

Post by catavengercaptain »

Vagrant - since I live in Arizona (A.K.A. the "moon") where I presume sword canes are legal, ( don't need a permit to carry a concealed weapon now but I still have a permit anyway;) I have been thinking of getting a sword cane. I would like the Cold Steel type, even the old push model seems ok. Do you know here I can get one cheaper than Cold Steel's website? Or do you know a better brand? I have bum leg from a car wreck so I could use a cane anyway. :?:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: cold steel sword cane

Post by Vagrant »

I never even considered a sword cane :? But, last week another dealer, at the flea, sold my an off-brand "curiousity" for very short money :wink:
No I'm a little interested, let me look around for a few days, and see what I can find out.
catavengercaptain

Thx. I have a sword cane now but it's the kind that unscrews and would take to long to deploy if needed.
switchman1

Post by switchman1 »

Catavengercaptain: Check out SwordsDirect.com You may find what you are looking for there. Best wishes Jim
Switchman1 Alcohol,Tobacco,and Firearms....... who's got the chips?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I my opinion, the Cold Steel seems to be both "the best bang for the buck" and also the best period, [at any reasonable price] :idea:
Shag

Post by Shag »

I've spent an inordinate amount of time both researching and owning sword canes.

From the current manufacturers, the only quality sword canes you can pickup, other than custom or Burger for a reasonable price; which will both 1/ act as both a defensive weapon and also 2/ as an actual walking aid are those made by Cold Steel, Paul Chen and Windlass Steelcrafts also has a few that are decently made.

In case you were not aware, Cold Steel has cutback their line to only two models. A lot of dealers may still have old stock on hand. Also be aware that the Cold Steel had a different method of securing/opening the sword canes prior to 2007. There's nothing wrong with that type of closure they used then; it's a click closure vs. the friction fit, just that anyone who sells you one of the canes should give you a reduced price on the ones made prior to 2007.

I can get some better pricing on some models, if you wish to give me model details and PM me I can see what I come up with for you, no promises, but who knows. 8)
Albert Einstein: “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.”
catavengercaptain

Money has gotten tight (again) so I kind of gave up up that. Thank you anyway.
Frank

Post by Frank »

When you're ready, check Smoky Mountian Knife Works or 888 Knives R Us. 888 Knives R Us looks to have the best price. Good Luck.

VBR,

Frank
Don't blame me, I voted for Alice Cooper.