Old Mexican Switchblade

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Re: Old Mexican Switchblade

Post by Viking45 »

Brother let me just say this- When this knife arrived I took a jewelers loupe trying to find a flaw. Nothing.
The pins all have a nice dome,the horn is the most perfect I have ever seen,not the material but how it has been worked and polished.
The brass looks amazing and it gives the knife a lot of heft and solid feel. Speaking of solid,it snaps open hard and locks with zero play.
Straight as an arrow open/closed etc.
I can't wait till I get some extra cash,I hope to get Ron to do an 11" Mexican and I'm going to try to find a silver skull for a button. If not that maybe a 30-06 or 223 casing,whichever would work best on an 11".
Ron's work is superb to say the least.
I have three Bill customs so i need another Straydog special.

But yeah,I love rustic and until I joined this forum I had never seen the old Mexican style switches.
I bet Ron could make one look aged,maybe even use aluminum? Not sure,we should ask him.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

I have two of rons knives with skull buttons! The mikov button is just for show, the skulls match my tattoo.
2024 candidate for president
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Ron is still making them ...
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

ILikeStilettos wrote:Ron is still making them ...
Not anymore ! :shock: ....I ran outa skulls for buttons ! :oops: ...... :lol:

Rondog
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

Viking45 wrote:I bet Ron could make one look aged,maybe even use aluminum? Not sure,we should ask him.
I thought of this Mr. Viking...but wasn't sure there would be call for it ....I might try one in aluminum for myself first , to see if I can git it right ! :wink:

Rondog
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Straydog 5247 wrote:
ILikeStilettos wrote:Ron is still making them ...
Not anymore ! :shock: ....I ran outa skulls for buttons ! :oops: ...... :lol:

Rondog
I think Duke just bought a bunch of them ...
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
VIPERCOM

Post by VIPERCOM »

Ok... yes 10 years later...I got one of them! I hope it is worth more then 10 Bucks. It has got to be more then 68 years old . I am only 52 when i was very young my grandfather & grandmother would take me down to mexico, I would get about 5 bucks (US) that was lots of Pesos ! I would have lot of candy and well...Yes! illegal FIRECRACKERS..... look I was in 4th grade. And yes it was safe for a young kid to run off going to all the cool shops that sold everything and sell it to a kid too. Cigs, beer, knives, Mine was Firecrackers and home made ones at that ..BOOM! But to this day I can remember the switch blade knives the most of all. A kid at my school got caught with one. They took it from him and he got 10 licks!, with a paddle that was 5 foot high a foot wide and had holes in it. they say you would come off the ground each time you got hit!!!! So there was no way i was going to buy a switch blade knife besides what is it that 4th grade kids do? Go to school that is there life. No Way! was i going to get licks and take my knife away. And that was be for you get home. Then who knows how many more licks i would get then..........
mex.jpg
mex.jpg (15.86 KiB) Viewed 8912 times
john

Post by john »

Congratulations on your newest acquisition!!!
I’m glad you were able to add one of these to your collection. Your patience and perseverance paid off.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed