A joke ???????

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Tom19176

Re: A joke ???????

Post by Tom19176 »

Thanks for the cooking info !! I will have to try them as I have never taken any of them home, but I have caught a bunch.
Guitars and Blades

Post by Guitars and Blades »

Many of the panfish are called brim or bream down south, including Bluegills/Sunfish. There are actually two types of Crappie, black and white. Easily distinguished by the black with light spots or light with dark spots. They are good eating. That's a good recipe, Freddie. I also use a beer batter (beer, whatever flour you like, black and cayenne pepper). Mix it until you have a nice batter, maybe a litle thicker than pancake batter. Dip the fillets in milk or an egg wash, dip in the batter and pan fry or deep fry until golden brown. Mmmmmmmmmm! Great recipe for smallmouth, perch and saltwater fish (weakies[sea or speckled trout], flounder, fluke, blackfish).

G&B
Steel strings and steel springs...what could be better?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Testing of "cane-pole" continues :wink:
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

It seems to be working well !! I went out and bought a few of those "Pen" rods with the closed face spinning reel after seeing you post about them awhile back before I joined. Gave away one as a gift but have not used one yet myself.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Tom19176 wrote:It seems to be working well !! I went out and bought a few of those "Pen" rods with the closed face spinning reel after seeing you post about them awhile back before I joined. Gave away one as a gift but have not used one yet myself.
I'm dying to try one but can't justify the $ yet :(
The reels might be ideal for the cane-pole modification :wink:
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I got them at Linens and Things for $19.99 less a 20% coupon, so for $16 each I bought a few. They just declared Chapter 11 and are closing the one in NJ at a Mall I manage. If they get really cheap I will pick up a few and let you know....
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

It's a safe bet that they stocked the Brook behind the house :idea:
Beautiful colors for a hatchery Trout 8)
Attachments
Trout 003.jpg
Trout 003.jpg (1.81 MiB) Viewed 2716 times
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

And the other side :idea:
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i remember going to a hatchery in nashua as a kid, my aunt lived around the corner from it.

tryker