BIG HAIRY SPIDERS

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
missaman

BIG HAIRY SPIDERS

Post by missaman »

Mr. Vagrent,
Yes I know its spring but as I go to my basement to fetch the occastional
frozen pizza I find some BIGG ASS hairy spiders hanging out on the walls ... mind you I have no fear of spiders AAHHHH GET IT OFF GET IT OFF :twisted:
If I fill my basement with moth balls will it keep the nasty monsters away?????
Just to make things clear I fear NOTHING :shock:
Missaman
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Missa: you have something on your shoulder.

SD
missaman

Post by missaman »

Missa Daddy,
Would that be your EX or mine
Do I owe you some pics?????
I took some.
Missa 8)
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

The cat does a search-and-destroy about once a day in the cellar. She kills spiders. Damnedest thing.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Missa..

Watch out for them spiders.. they could be brown recluse spiders, (Loxosceles reclusa).. which can give you a troublesome bite.. :shock:

If they look like this Imagethey're best avoided... call in the hit squad.. :twisted:

All the best
Teddy
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

missaman,

Get an AIRSOFT full-auto battery powered mini-machinegun.
It's a real hoot blasting spiders with those blue plastic BBs!
Even if you miss 'em the first time it's still fun watchin' 'em scurry around trying to avoid the barrage - mean while you're reloading for the 2nd attack. :D
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
magnum

Post by magnum »

The Brown Recluse is actually deadlier than the Black Widow and they are to be avoided at all cost because if one does give you a bite you best be on your way to a hospital quick.Also wherever they bite you on your body that spot will Rot and you will have a permanent scar.I have a cousin and my next door neighbor as well they both were bitten by a Brown Recluse and they both nearly died from it!!
Knife Addiction??What Knife Addiction??
floater

Post by floater »

magnum wrote:The Brown Recluse is actually deadlier than the Black Widow and they are to be avoided at all cost because if one does give you a bite you best be on your way to a hospital quick.Also wherever they bite you on your body that spot will Rot and you will have a permanent scar.I have a cousin and my next door neighbor as well they both were bitten by a Brown Recluse and they both nearly died from it!!
Mr. magnum,
With all due respect, my experience with Fiddlebacks has been different. While it's true enough that a bite can cause a nasty flesh-decaying ulceration, that's not always the case...... it very much depends on a person's sensitivity to the venom...... and death is very rare. While living most of my life in the heart of Brown Recluse country, I've received at least two bites from this spider. When bit on the foot, I was even able to catch the li'l bugger and have him authenticated. The worst I've experienced could be likened to having a bad 4mm pimple on the top of my foot. On the other hand, a sixteen year old girl in my daughter's Kempo class was bit and ended up with an open wound the size of a large walnut. Neither of us really felt much/any pain when bit, but our reactions were sure very different.
...... And although I've never had an up close & personal encounter with a Black Widow, I have heard that the pain from their bite is immediate and undeniable.
Given my metabolism, I'll stick with the Fiddleback. :D

floater
It's all here before your eyes / Safety is a big disguise ....
That hides among the other lies / They divide and conquer.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

magnum wrote "The Brown Recluse is actually deadlier than the Black Widow" Where is Wally when we need him?

Jim
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

From what bits and pieces I've read on the web.. the bite from a Brown Recluse can have more serious consequences than a similar bite from a Black Widow.. but both can be very nasty.. depending as much on how much venom the little buggers inject as on the different tolerances of their victims.. but the Recluse is more likely to cause dead tissue (necrosis) on account of the venom being different from a Widow.. and as a matter of fact.. and you ain't gonna like this Missaman.. the Recluse is a member of the Sicariidae family.. which includes the most dangerous spider on the planet.. :twisted:

All the best.. better get the exterminators in.. :lol:
Teddy
magnum

Post by magnum »

Mr. Floater-Glad to hear you didn't have any serious complications from your bite.A persons immune system plays a big roll in how serious the bite can be from a Recluse but also the amount of venom injected plays a big roll as well!For instance a normal healthy person bitten by a Recluse will normally recover and suffer no long lasting effects unless some scarring from the necrosis happens.But if the spider injects alot of venom in a healthy person the results could be much more Grim regardless of the immune system!Children,Elderly people and people in poor health regardless of age will suffer higher consequences from a bite from a Recluse no matter how much venom is injected and also because their immune systems are not up to par!The female of this species of spider is much more potent than the male and delivers a nasty bite!My cousin i spoke of was a child when he was bitten and almost died from it and now has a permanent scar on his leg from the necrosis!The lady i spoke of is elderly and while she didn't suffer much from necrosis also nearly died!I witnessed a test where a Brown recluse and a Black Widow were put in a jar together to see what would happen!The Recluse killed the Widow immediatley and with no problem!!All in all the Recluse is a much more dangerous spider than the Widow and while i don't want to suffer a bite from either.I would take my chances with the Widow!

magnum
Last edited by magnum on Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
magnum

Post by magnum »

jim d, wrote:magnum wrote "The Brown Recluse is actually deadlier than the Black Widow" Where is Wally when we need him?

Jim
And what are you implying Mr. JimD!

magnum
magnum

Post by magnum »

A few pictures of Brown Recluse Bites!

The first 5 pictures are of the same person.The 8th picture this woman had to have her finger amputated because the wound would not heal!Then the last 2 are some less serious bites and the 6th is of a man that was bitten but it's the only picture don't know the results of the outcome!These were taken from a website that i ran across looking for pictures of spider bites from different spiders!So you can see the Recluse is not to be toyed with!!

magnum
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

magnum wrote:
jim d, wrote:magnum wrote "The Brown Recluse is actually deadlier than the Black Widow" Where is Wally when we need him?

Jim
And what are you implying Mr. JimD!
I believe what Jim is saying is that the Brown Recluse is very, very venomous but if it bit Wally, it (the spider) would die. :wink:
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
missaman

Post by missaman »

AHHHH OKAY ENOUGH OF THIS...
I just purchased a case of "raid" and a tent for the house
Sorry its getting hard to breath :roll:
Missa