Need help to identify a sword

This board is dedicated to small and big blades related to daggers, swords, and similar items.

Moderators: Milu, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
clueless

Need help to identify a sword

Post by clueless »

Ok, I really am clueless. I was given this sword back in the early 80's. But really have no idea how old it is & can't find any other pics just like it. All I know is it says made in India & seems to have someone's name on the other side. And it has a lot of nice detail on it. I will try to attach a couple of pics. Please tell me if I'm hanging on to junk or not.
Attachments
0a_1.jpg
0a_1.jpg (25.66 KiB) Viewed 4085 times
55_1.jpg
55_1.jpg (8.56 KiB) Viewed 4086 times
30_1.jpg
30_1.jpg (24.15 KiB) Viewed 4085 times
Jacopo

Post by Jacopo »

Unfortunately what you have here is a cheap Indian reproduction blade. You can find them in many-a pawnshop or 'antique' store, selling for anywhere from $1 to $50. Sadly it's not worth much, but it makes a nice decoration. The tang is most assuredly rat-tailed, however the blade steel is normally decent. Though it's not tempered properly and will develop a set if bent.
I'd Rather be Drinking
clueless

appreciate the help

Post by clueless »

Thanks, I really appreciated the help. Like I said: I was clueless! Thanks again for the info!
nagod

Post by nagod »

sikh sword.writing says deg teg fateh(spelling could be off).means hospitality,the sword,victory.if there is a symbol ofcrossed swords and a circle it is a sikh emblem/khanda.hope this helps.