Questionable Ebay Katanas

This board is dedicated to small and big blades related to daggers, swords, and similar items.

Moderators: Milu, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
silversurfer74

Questionable Ebay Katanas

Post by silversurfer74 »

Has anyone purchased one of the sounds-too-good-to-be-true antique katanas from china advertised on ebay? They look to be damascus steel and everthing else looks good. Even if they turn out to be repro, are they any good? Opinions (0ther than if it sounds too good to be true than it probably is...
Frank

Post by Frank »

If there is not a reasonable amount of time for you to return it if not satisfied, I'd leave it alone. BTW If it sounds too good.....no, I can't do it. :lol: :wink: You know what I mean.
Regards,
Frank
Don't blame me, I voted for Alice Cooper.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

With VERY few exceptions, ALL swords should be reguarded as decorative items, NOT useful weapons :idea: The less it costs the less "decoration" it will provide. Even "combat cabable" swords would only be useful against
similar curiousities. If you are plagued with assailants assaulting your dwelling with swords and for some strange reason must respond with a sword yourself, INVEST in the finest sword you can locate. A bargain sword is not something to bet your life on. It is also nothing you can display with pride. Cheap, bargain, economy, swords are useful only for filling large amounts of wall space with shiny things :wink: