want to learn how to sword fight the real way ?

This board is dedicated to small and big blades related to daggers, swords, and similar items.

Moderators: Milu, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
greywolf

want to learn how to sword fight the real way ?

Post by greywolf »

Hi all im new here, and like a lot of you i have always wanted to learn to use a sword the way the knights did. i tried it all , kendo, sport fencing but what i realy wanted was to learn to fight like my forfathers did.i respect the eastern arts as they have kept to thair teachings for many hundreds of years.but im of scottish decent and i wanted to learn to use a sword as my clansmen did.after a long search i found a group that trained in the old western arts,arts that were lost with the finding of gunpower and the decline of the sword. so with out more words i will ask you to look into a group of people who train in the western arts of sword.if you have a intrest in this please look into http://www.thearma.org. a group of people who train in the western arts from books from the masters tranlated so we can use thair knowledge. the hardest part is going to the web sight. hope to see ya greywolf
ironworker

sword fighting

Post by ironworker »

I agree with you. fortunatly, I had the oportunity to learn and then teach a sort of knife fighting in the military. It wasnt by any strectch traditional sword fighting.
It was a part of the H2H instruction taught during the vietnam war in queensland jungle school,Canungra, and later in vietnam. It was and is, with a randal blade generally,and was quite a complete system of combat with a knife. Several other blades were involved as well.
If you can find somebody willing to teach you that, there is almost no stopping you in a combat situation, if you can tap the lizard brain that is.While it isnt as chivearles(spelling) as the old sword fighting it's as real as you can get now days. Of course even duels in the 17th century were regarded as sport,even with the death of one of the individuals involved.
later,Perry
Attachments
MK1 fighter
MK1 fighter
photo1.jpg (6.38 KiB) Viewed 3289 times
"Nothing matters very much,and very few things,matter at all"...author unkown