Bowie Info.

This board is dedicated to small and big blades related to daggers, swords, and similar items.

Moderators: Milu, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Marvinsson

Bowie Info.

Post by Marvinsson »

Hi all,

I've been trying to locte the maker of a Bowie knife that was featured on the cover of a knife magazine 10 or more years ago. I can't remember which publication. The article was one of those "Could this be the knife Jim Bowie carried at the Alamo?" stories. The knife resembled one featured in the movie "Two For Texas" starring Kris Kristofferson. I was told by someone that the movie knife was made by a "Steven Nicks" out of Cimmaron, New Mexico. I wrote to Mr. Nicks and got no response. I recently saw a picture of a knife on a web site (http://users.aristotle.net/~russjohn/bowie.html) from a book by Mandy Medearis that looked a lot like the one in the movie.

Any help on the magazine or the maker would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Marvinsson
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

How time flies when you're having fun :wink: The article was in Blade magazine if memory serves me :? This was probably over 10 years ago. Shortly after that someone found some letters from Bowies brother in which he described the knife Jim had and it did NOT match the knife the article was about at all. The original Bowie is lost to time and legend and will always be a mystery.
Marvinsson

Post by Marvinsson »

Thank you sir for the info.
Marvinsson