Dagger books in PDF

This board is dedicated to small and big blades related to daggers, swords, and similar items.

Moderators: Milu, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
kwackster

Dagger books in PDF

Post by kwackster »

Fairbairn-Sykes Commando Dagger:
http://library.lol/main/17ee2bed6e4614b ... 041a1f5f1d
Click GET at the top of the page

The Fairbairn-Sykes Commando dagger has become iconic as the most widely recognized fighting knife in the world. The origins of the dagger can be traced to Shanghai in the 1930's where W. E. Fairbairn and US Marine officers including Sam Yeaton carried out experiments in developing what they considered the perfect knife for close combat.

When Fairbairn and Sykes became instructors for the Commandos, they refined the design which would evolve into the classic Fairbairn-Sykes dagger.
The dagger was first used during early Commando raids into occupied Europe but saw action in every theatre of World War II (1939-1945).
US Rangers and Marines who had trained with the Commandos took their Fairbairn-Sykes daggers home which also influenced the development of American Special Forces daggers.
The Fairbairn-Sykes remained in use with many units after the war, and has become a symbol of commando and special forces units throughout the world.
Fishtail Picklock

Re: Dagger books in PDF

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

I had one of the original knives. Dad obtained it during his time as a Navy Frogman (Underwater Demolition Team. I lost it somewhere along the line. I sorely miss that man.
Fishtail Picklock