dilemma!

This board is dedicated to small and big blades related to daggers, swords, and similar items.

Moderators: Milu, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Straydog 5247

dilemma!

Post by Straydog 5247 »

While showing my newest "switch" at work , a friend/coworker mentioned
that he collects swords,axes ,and other stuff ! , enough to fill a small room !
he said he had a "William Wallace" sword reproduction that sparked my interest ! also invited me over to see for myself, question is; are "sword people crazier than "switch"collectors ? or equally "nuts" :roll:

Can I trust him ? :?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: dilemma!

Post by Vagrant »

Straydog 5247 wrote:While showing my newest "switch" at work , a friend/coworker mentioned
that he collects swords,axes ,and other stuff ! , enough to fill a small room !
he said he had a "William Wallace" sword reproduction that sparked my interest ! also invited me over to see for myself, question is; are "sword people crazier than "switch"collectors ? or equally "nuts" :roll:

I think ALL collectors have a certain amount of craziness! Why have more of an item than you can use? Why spend hours talking to people you've never met? Why spend more on an item than you do on clothes? Why ---
You get the picture
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

Mr. Vagrant
I made the trip to that "swordnut's" house! Fantastic weapons! too many to mention , glad I went :) I came away with a strange notion tho, how about a "switchaxe" ? :twisted: ...... Yeah ! I'm thinkin' "over the edge" :roll:
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

A switch axe that works like w/ the axe head working like a swingguard.
Now that what I wanna see 8)
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
BleedingMisanthropica

Re: dilemma!

Post by BleedingMisanthropica »

Straydog 5247 wrote:...also invited me over to see for myself, question is; are "sword people crazier than "switch"collectors ? or equally "nuts" :roll:

Probably. Depends. A switch collector who is still in the "young whippersnapper" age group, if he wears enough leather and watches enough movies, is far less trustable than a sword person. On the other hand however, sword people tend to be a little tapped an any age- I've seen little old men get a little crazy around their swords. Personally, as a collector of both, and resistantly (futily) sliding into middle age myself, I'm going to have to go with Vagrant on this one. Trying to figure out blade people is like trying to figure out how to play basketball with girls... by their rules. OK, maybe not quite that difficult. I'd say you can trust him- we are usually safe around our own :twisted:
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. Dawg,

Walk softly and carry a bigger sword...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

JerrBear wrote:Mr. Dawg,

Walk softly and carry a bigger sword...
By golly! I'll do it ! :twisted:

straydog 8)
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Old Asian saying:
He who bring sword to knife fight gets new knife.
he who bring sword to gun fight leave in body bag.

SD