Looking for information.

This board is dedicated to small and big blades related to daggers, swords, and similar items.

Moderators: Milu, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Framerman

Looking for information.

Post by Framerman »

So my name is Richard, and though I wish I had acquired this via family heirloom, but alas I didn't. A friend of mine gave it to me because of my fondness for melee weapons, particularly bladed weapons. What I know, it's an antique B. Svoboda keris. What I don't know is if it's pretty, during or post WW2. If anyone here can tell me what I'm looking at, I would greatly appreciate it.
Attachments
15261858609351136530849.jpg
15261858609351136530849.jpg (742.7 KiB) Viewed 9487 times
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Looking for information.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Post 1950. B. Svoboda brand was imported into the US by the Liberty Organization.
Without better pictures I can't say for sure, but yours appears to be japanese-made.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

I agree totally with Bill on the age being post 50s......but think it may have been made in Germany

I think this knife is from the 1970s,seen a few like it made for collecting purposes.

Could do with a clearer picture of the blade etch .,but I have seen another somewhere.
Has it got Made in Germany as the blade marking and does the top of the handle terminate in a ball finial,or pommel?

Nice looking knife ,i like them a lot.

Thanks for posting it,i will look for some pictures and more info.

gravknife
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Jaqpanese or German. The unfinished guard edges make me think Japanese.
It should be marked.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

You are probably right Bill.

I have seen another marked Made in Germany ,identical to this ,but even that may be faked.

A lot of German knives designs were copied by the japs and Chinese ......I see what you mean about the guard casting.
Last edited by gravknife on Sun May 13, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

These are the types I perceive the knife to be Bill.
I think the orange grip one is a naval dagger from Germany ....this example we are discussing a later copy of the earlier piece.
I am looking for a picture of the etch and Made in Germany i memtioned.

Hope you are well Bill.
Attachments
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (3.11 KiB) Viewed 9438 times
78b774f70dd66b8b44b35e83d050c96e.jpg
78b774f70dd66b8b44b35e83d050c96e.jpg (59.64 KiB) Viewed 9438 times