I have ordered a "Night Watchman" Sword Cane.

This board is dedicated to small and big blades related to daggers, swords, and similar items.

Moderators: Milu, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

I have ordered a "Night Watchman" Sword Cane.

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

I finally ordered the United Cutlery "Night Watchman". Having looked it over carefully and deciding how to cut down the aircraft aluminum shaft/scabbard has eased my mind in how to keep the blade from rattling (and dulling) the sharp 25" 1080 (SK5) blade.

This should be a nice purchase because the cane is strong and when properly (re)installed, the styrofoam insert will keep the blade silent and undetectable. This could, and should, be fun!
Fishtail Picklock
Fishtail Picklock

Re: I have ordered a "Night Watchman" Sword Cane.

My Night Watchman came in today's post. I took it right down to the mandrel bender shop. They bobbed off about 5" of the shaft/scabbard and made certain that the filler holding the sword blade in place.

A new 1" (25.4mm) "Essential" brand Walker/Commode tip replaced the original slippery hard-rubber tip makes the cane more useful (safer) and further conceals the fact that it is a Sword Cane.

I really like this Sword Cane. Quality, reasonable cost, and good quality are all good reasons for ordering one of these from Bud K.

Ian: At about 100 quid, you can't beat the price!
Last edited by Fishtail Picklock on Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fishtail Picklock
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Congrats!
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Great swordstick FP.

I think its a good choice with carbon steel blade,light aircraft grade aluminium housing ,plus it really does immitate the architypal standard walking stick.

A video on youtube shows how deadly this thing is for cutting aswell as stabbing.Its quite funny aswell i'll try and find the l8nk but just typing in cold steel Nightwatchman will reveal it

I would have trouble buying one unfortunately my freind ,i own a few but unless antique (over 100 plus years old ) they are illegal to buy or sell.

Let me know what its like in hand when it arrives.
I hope your keeping well mate.

Ian
Fishtail Picklock

It is a beautiful unit. While the handle is manufactured from polymers, it is tough. I coated the blade with Dupont's multi-use lubricant with Teflon (PTFE), thus avoiding corrosion. The Torx head screws hold the handle securely in place and the bayonet blade is a good configuration for "street use".

If you look it up on Youtube, you'll see how well it can work as a "garden tool". (This isn't just a "wall hanger"). I performed quite a bit of research before buying the unit. It is a unit designed as a "chopper" as well as a "stabber". This appealed to me. It now resides next to my door as a residential defense unit that shouldn't let me down when called upon to defend myself and my property.

As a lad, I read ads for Sword Canes speaking of India, the British Empire, Gin and Tonic and the hot Indian sun. Pith helmets, riding crops pencil-thin mustaches and a proper British accent. I really enjoy this unit and can see it used for a number of purposes.

I'll write a review of my United Defense Fully-Adjustable Self-Defense Cane soon.

Bless you, Ian.
Fishtail Picklock