The SWHRT9B arrived today.

This board is dedicated to small and big blades related to daggers, swords, and similar items.

Moderators: Milu, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

The SWHRT9B arrived today.

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

This "Boot Knife" is more of a belt knife, but is quite well balanced when it comes to size and function (as much as a dagger-style blade can be). The 7Cr17 "High Carbon" steel blade is pliable/flexible enough to be tough yet hold an edge well enough to perform routine cutting chores.

I can hear you all telling me that "this is cheap Chinese junk" and that "it is only good for stabbing" (and possibly some slicing). That may be true, but I will stand in defense of my "Old Timer" Sharpfinger (152OT), Boot Knife (162OT) and "Deerslayer" (15OT). These are comprised of the same steel and hold an edge well and are tough, not fragile.

I look forward to carrying both the Gerber Guardian and the SWHRT9B as a pair of "get off me" knives. Don't discount these knives jut because they're "Made in China" because they're a better value for the money than you think.
Last edited by Fishtail Picklock on Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Re: The SWHRT9B arrived today.

Post by sammy the blade »

There are a lot of good knives coming out of China anymore! Hard to find anything that isn't made in China.
2024 candidate for president