OFC003 Desk knife letter opener by Duke Charlesworth

This board is dedicated to small and big blades related to daggers, swords, and similar items.

Moderators: Milu, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ILikeStilettos

OFC003 Desk knife letter opener by Duke Charlesworth

Post by ILikeStilettos »

I picked up this little blade years ago and had it on my desk as a letter opener. I'd made a sheath out of a piece of pasteboard reinforced with tape and staples, but somehow the point was always popping through. So I sent it to Duke to see what he could manage, and as you can see, he managed quite well.

First he created a little guard out of solid NS and soldered it to the blade. Then he pinned on a couple of scales using that same turquoise black ash burl as the 9" AKC swinger. He actually added a little suede lanyard but I took it off for polishing and I've mislaid it on my desk, so it didn't make the photograph. He created a really nice little sheath and tooled it with my initials.

Since the knife is so symmetrical, there is no real front or back; this is the other side.

It's a sweet piece now.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
daddyloko

Re: OFC003 Desk knife letter opener by Duke Charlesworth

Post by daddyloko »

That's a cool dagger. I like that valentine in the blade and all else looks nice'n tight. The sheath is very nice as well.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: OFC003 Desk knife letter opener by Duke Charlesworth

Post by Vagrant »

Very nice :!: