how much does my dagger costs?

This board is dedicated to small and big blades related to daggers, swords, and similar items.

Moderators: Milu, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
talagam1

how much does my dagger costs?

Post by talagam1 »

hey,

i have a dagger that i found in my grandfathers garage and i would like to know how much it costs.

http://jpg.co.il/view/517029decc359.jpg/

this is the picture, it has a mark graved on it that says ( original eickhorn solingen )
it also has a hole that is for placing the dagger on a gun like ( ak-47 or m16 )

i assume it is from 30-60 years ago.

how much can a thing like that cost?

thank you,

tal
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: how much does my dagger costs?

Post by natcherly »

It's a WWII era Mauser 98 long, dress bayonet. These were used for parade purposes. Pretty good find there. As to cost, maybe $75 to a collector. If it has Wehrmacht insignia, would be more. SS more still.
polaria

Re: how much does my dagger costs?

Post by polaria »

If you want a better questimate of the price, take a close up picture of all insignia and other markings (no matter how small) there are in the blade and scabbard. It might be possible to date the blade more accurately and possibly get some information on where its from. The Mauser 98 and its bayonets were very widely produced so without markings its really hard to say anything more.