Sword Fighting

This board is dedicated to small and big blades related to daggers, swords, and similar items.

Moderators: Milu, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
bigfifty

Sword Fighting

Post by bigfifty »

Since I was a kid, using a stick and a garbage-can lid, have always been fascinated by the Sword. About all types, from all ages. There is just something about them, isn't there ? To dream of training, since your childhood; to face your foe with nothing but few feet between you. To know that in a few moments you are going to kill or be killed..... My God- you feel so alive....We can't, generally ever actually use them. But they are wonderfull to hold. To dream, and remember great tales of courage and battles fought with steel, in a world long gone, but not forgotten. With a tear for what can never be, Bigfifty.
Deadknightz

Post by Deadknightz »

i agree really fun i still holds sticks up to my friends and fight alot of times better enjoy it before its to late
catavengercaptain

sword fights

Post by catavengercaptain »

Why not take some fencing lessons at your community college? I did many years ago ( counted as P. E. credit ) They were lots of fun.
sakura

Post by sakura »

pshhh... kenjutsu is the way to go.everything else is really just a sport.
catavengercaptain

Tell us more

Post by catavengercaptain »

I love the Pics of the Kitty - one cool cat indeed. Do you have any link to websites about Kenjutsu so we can learn more. As for anything being a "sport" much as I love swords unless firearms and gun powder disapear somehow that is probably what any sword fighting can be. In combat I would much rather have just about any type of modern firearm (including aan old 1873 Colt) than a sword. One thing they do have in their favor you don't need to reload them, other than that I would have to say that gunpowder is the original "revenge of the nerds."