Ek Quality

This board is dedicated to small and big blades related to daggers, swords, and similar items.

Moderators: Milu, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
originalhoodlum

Ek Quality

Post by originalhoodlum »

I, too, wish to purchase a Fairbairn-Sykes knife. But I will gladly settle for the Ek version of the Fairbairn-Sykes. I have a Gerber Mk2 and I don't like the serration on it. But I love my Gerber Mk2. Anyone buy the Ek Fairbairn-Sykes? Is it outstanding quality? Ek knives are very pretty and all seem to be presentaion knives to be mounted on a plaque and placed in the corner to gather dust. Is the Ek Fairbairn-Sykes a strong blade that will not break when used in combat? I spoke to Ek and the nice lady had a lot to say and I had to be rude a few times to get a question in. But she says she is new so I ask you kind souls, is the Ek Fairbairn-Sykes a serious blade intended for serious use? Thank you.
catavengercaptain

Re: Ek Quality

Post by catavengercaptain »

It's nothing like the original other than that the quality seems alright. I have a Sheffield Fairbairn-Sykes made in England I have heard good & bad about those I also have an Applegate-Fairbairn (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Applegate ... ting_knife) some people complain the blade is to wide. Everyone has their likes and dislikes.