Never done one like this before!

This board is dedicated to small and big blades related to daggers, swords, and similar items.

Moderators: Milu, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Charlie Mike

Never done one like this before!

Post by Charlie Mike »

I was commissioned to do a long knife (or would it be a short sword?) out of carbon fiber about a year and a half ago. The customer's drawing sat in my supplies drawer while I half-assedly searched for a way to have a 12x12 sheet of .300" CF cut. About 2 weeks ago, I put on my respirator and went to my drill press to cut it in pretty much the same way I cut normal steel. I chucked my 3/16" carbide bit and drilled holes around the knife and did the final cutting with a Dremel cut off wheel. It's 16" overall with a 10" blade chisel ground and double edged tanto. The handle was first built up with tooling leather and then epoxied with a layer of garment leather tightly wrapped and glued. This was further held by 2 .150" hardwood dowels. I finished it off with rayskin and gutted 550 japwrap. The sheath is kydex with leather outer scabbard and has multiple attachment points for his armored vest. I'm prolly going to be shipping this out today or tomorrow so I had to post... for posterity or something like that.

FTWCM (Freeman's Tactical Weapons) custom knives
catavengercaptain

Re: Never done one like this before!

Post by catavengercaptain »

interesting design
Viking45

Re: Never done one like this before!

Post by Viking45 »

I like what you did with the grip and sheath. Very nice work. 8)