italian faciast dagger

This board is dedicated to small and big blades related to daggers, swords, and similar items.

Moderators: Milu, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
charlie manson

italian faciast dagger

Post by charlie manson »

so i came across a few ww2 daggers, just under a 12" with an odd style of blade,and brass or bronze material?maybe?..they are italian iam sure.someone had told me the black wooden handle on the dagger meant it was an italian air caddets, as one with white hande is a youth leader dagger,and another color is something else,who knows.feedback?????????i hear these can bring over a thousand.i also have one that needs work its missing a piece and is rusty..gimme a holler if ya know abit :twisted:
Attachments
2966131.jpg
2966131.jpg (106.65 KiB) Viewed 12585 times
catavengercaptain

Re: italian faciast dagger

Post by catavengercaptain »

It's a beauty but I sure don't know what it is.
charlie manson

Post by charlie manson »

yes its neat looking,ive been trying to research italian faciast daggers.im sure its legit.ive seen ones that look highly suspect,as to their authenticity..but mine came from an old vet who had alot of ww2 italian faciast war relics ......hehehe was a good snag 8)
charlie manson

Post by charlie manson »

some people say the blades are made from old italian ww2 era swwords,but who knows.......i know the blades are nickel plated.very shinny,the eyes in the eagle head are rubies and the rest is just brass or somethin.ive got another..but the nickel plate looks better than it lasts.ive got old nickel plated guns and the coating will deteriorate and rust,nickel isnt that strong of a metal :| unlike my s&w coated in melonite :twisted:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

It looks like a World War II Italian Youth Fascist Leader dagger.
charlie manson

Post by charlie manson »

thats what i thought also,im seeing other youth daggers of faciast italy,some have lions head on pommel others a bird...ive got work to do ....argh :|
catavengercaptain

Post by catavengercaptain »

http://www.snyderstreasures.com/pages/i ... itaria.htm Vagrant nailled it , check there on that site is one just like what you have Charlie M.
Milu

Post by Milu »

Same it doesn't have the original sheath and frog, this will affect the value. There are lots of fakes around and some will fool experts. Fingers crossed yours is good.
"se me burlé, me fico un cento e vinti in tel stomego"
Goldoni: La donna di Garbo, 1753
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I think that some of these were made with a simple leather sheath and no frog :idea:
[2nd dagger down] http://www.snyderstreasures.com/pages/i ... itaria.htm
Hid looks similar BUT, the part with the belt-slots appears missing :idea:
charlie manson

Post by charlie manson »

ive seen alot of remakes sell for small chips on stupid fantasy reproduction dagger and sword websites.and many others i know even 50 years ago there were good fakes made of all types of daggers,like italian faciast leader and caddet and alpine soldier daggers,iam always looking at alot of them but the fakes really detur me from more purchases.damn bad apple can ruin a whole batch :evil: ..........