A source for information and collecting.

This board is dedicated to small and big blades related to daggers, swords, and similar items.

Moderators: Milu, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
The Tourist

A source for information and collecting.

Post by The Tourist »

One of my interests is The American Civil War (The Southern Struggle for Independence.)

The best forum of which I know is http://civilwartalk.com/forums/

I'm not a re-enactor, nor do I have a collection of blackpowder revolvers. But it is sort of nice to sign-on at the end of a long day and immerse yourself in some interesting reading. My favorite column is sort of a "what if" section. It's a debate on what might have happened--or fantastic opinions--if one element of history had changed.

And boy oh boy, if you're going to discuss history, you'd better bring your 'A game.' These ol' boys are well read.

After being a member there for just shy of two years it finally dawned on me that an interest in studying and collecting period swords and daggers might be a something we all share. If nothing else it's an excellent source for info on the collections you already have.

As you might guess, I'm bogged down in Japanese history right now, but I think the summer means some "lighter reading" will be a welcomed change!
sandbar

Re: A source for information and collecting.

Post by sandbar »

Thanks for the info.
Results are directly driven, by the work that is done.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The very NAME "CONfedreracy" predicted the outcome :shock:
The [valid and logical] opposition to a STONG central government DOOMED them :!:
In time of war, you NEED central control. and various armies and militias fighting without an organised/centralised leadership will ALWAYS fail :(
Virtually ALL of the Southern side of the story was written by "the Army of NORTHERN Virginia" it would appear, that no-one else had a pencil and paper [or the literacy needed to record events, as they saw them] :roll: That is NOT the road to victory :idea:
It also indicates that ONE entity [ANV] assumed some of the level of control that they were fighting against. And, treated others as "underlings", not worthy of mention :roll:
sandbar

Post by sandbar »

Vey nice addition Vagrant. This forum has been very informative. I have learned quite a bit.
Results are directly driven, by the work that is done.