England bans Katana's, and Sabre's.

This board is dedicated to small and big blades related to daggers, swords, and similar items.

Moderators: Milu, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Hadson

England bans Katana's, and Sabre's.

Post by Hadson »

From the 6th of April any curved, single edged blade over 60CM's will be prohibited for sale, trade, or import.

Martial artists "How ironic!!" will be exempt. I have heard rumours the Government has chosen not to exempt collectors, but this may well be wrong.

On a personal note: Well done New Labour for another badly drafted piece of arse-wipe...
Best regards, Hadson.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: England bans Katana's, and Sabre's.

Post by Vagrant »

:roll: Typical :roll:
Sooner or later they'll decide that the U.S. airline ban on nail clippers and plastic knifes [for meals] also MUST be copied :roll:
Cryptomecanic

Post by Cryptomecanic »

do they still cut off middle fingers for carrying longbows ?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Cryptomecanic wrote:do they still cut off middle fingers for carrying longbows ?
That was the French, they did to English prisoners and they cut off the 1st two fingers :idea:
The English would hold up two fingers as a challenge or insult. [Still got them] :wink:
Much of the rest of the story making the rounds of the misinformationet is wrong :(
Our "single finger salute" is our adaption of the earlier English gesture, which was done with two fingers :wink:
During WW-II his advisors, spent hours teaching Churchill to do it palm out as "V for victory" :idea: After a drink ot two he'd revert to back of the hand out, 1st two fingers slightly seperated, [like drawing an arrow] :lol:
Taxi_Driver

Post by Taxi_Driver »

Hadson wrote:From the 6th of April any curved, single edged blade over 60CM's will be prohibited for sale, trade, or import.

Martial artists "How ironic!!" will be exempt. I have heard rumours the Government has chosen not to exempt collectors, but this may well be wrong.

On a personal note: Well done New Labour for another badly drafted piece of arse-wipe...
The ban is for blades over 50CM's, and there's no exemption for collectors. Silly law has forced me to buy one pre ban. No ban on ownership, just selling.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Vagrant wrote:During WW-II his advisors, spent hours teaching Churchill to do it palm out as "V for victory" After a drink ot two he'd revert to back of the hand out, 1st two fingers slightly seperated, [like drawing an arrow] :lol:
Winston was far more effective drunk than the most sober of several of his predecessor Prime Ministers. In reality, without him, Uncle Adolph would probably be revered today. There was considerable sympathy for Nazi policies at that time given what economic miracles they had accomplished in Germany. Winston saw through that better than anyone. Love is Victory salute :mrgreen:
Hadson

Post by Hadson »

Vagrant wrote: During WW-II his advisors, spent hours teaching Churchill to do it palm out as "V for victory" :idea: After a drink ot two he'd revert to back of the hand out, 1st two fingers slightly seperated, [like drawing an arrow] :lol:
I expect it rather amused Him :wink: :lol:.
Taxi_Driver wrote: The ban is for blades over 50CM's, and there's no exemption for collectors. Silly law has forced me to buy one pre ban. No ban on ownership, just selling.
Hmm, somewhat worse :roll:. The real chuckle is it doesn't prevent any which are double/half edged, although I expect an amendment within months due to this.
Best regards, Hadson.
Taxi_Driver

Post by Taxi_Driver »

Hadson wrote:
Hmm, somewhat worse :roll:. The real chuckle is it doesn't prevent any which are double/half edged, although I expect an amendment within months due to this.
I believe the plan is to extend the ban to include all swords before the end of the year. Without further consultation too. Not sure how true this is, forum gossip from dealers isn't always accurate, but it wouldn't surprise me.
dogngun

Post by dogngun »

Did you all have a rash of katana murders or drive by sabre slashings?
Or was this just someone's idea of a way to benefit the lower classes?

I'm sure whoever came up with this one has his share of armed guards, who your taxes are
paying.

Good luck - you seem to need it.

mark