England to Ban Samurai Swords??

This board is dedicated to small and big blades related to daggers, swords, and similar items.

Moderators: Milu, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
blacklab

England to Ban Samurai Swords??

Post by blacklab »

:shock: I was surfing Yahooo news today and saw on article off of Reuters that indicated the Brits are going to ban Samurai swords because some have been used by the bad guys in public attacks. The article said only legit collectors would be allowed to continue having them. Do we have any forum members from England who might comment on that? Sounds totally nuts to me. Under that logic you could end up banning cars too, since the bad guys misuse them when they commit crimes (bank robbery getaway car for example).
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: England to Ban Samurai Swords??

Post by Vagrant »

blacklab wrote: Sounds totally nuts to me. Under that logic you could end up banning cars too, since the bad guys misuse them when they commit crimes (bank robbery getaway car for example).
Oh fine, you just gave 'em another idea :lol:
blacklab

Post by blacklab »

Vagrant wrote:
blacklab wrote: Sounds totally nuts to me. Under that logic you could end up banning cars too, since the bad guys misuse them when they commit crimes (bank robbery getaway car for example).
Oh fine, you just gave 'em another idea :lol:
Heck, they probably already have their list made up. The British are very organized if nothing else and, like us, they have a core group of dingbats that will not rest until the crooks have all the rights and the rest of us are defenseless. BLEAAAH :roll:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Hoplophobia has become the most common mental illness, know to science :wink:
http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Hoplophobia
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

This shouldn't really come as a surprise... I suspect these are the same clowns who, in their infinite wisdom, attempted to ban ALL knives with points inna U.K. earlier this year. I don't know how that came out.

UH OH! (In this morning's paper...)

"A Fresno man was arrested Tuesday night after he allegedly attacked his nephew with a samuari sword when the two men got into an argument over some video games.
Jim Sanchez, 31, was booked into Fresno County Jail on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and mayhem, Sgt. Rudy Tafoya said.
Christopher Torrez, 22, who lives with Sanchez, was admitted to Community Regional Medical Center with a stab wound to his left leg and three fingers - the pinky, ring and index fingers - on his left hand partially severed."

- The Fresno Bee 12/13/2007

Hey, mayhap those Brits are onna sumpin... :P
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

This one scares the hell out of hoplophobes :wink: But it's only a pellet gun :lol:
Milu

Post by Milu »

I gave up on England as a lost cause as far as guns and blades are concerned a long time ago. How has the world changed so quickly that the hoplophobes are not only being taken seriously but are actually making the rules?
"se me burlé, me fico un cento e vinti in tel stomego"
Goldoni: La donna di Garbo, 1753
butch

Post by butch »

last I heard they banned kitchen cuttlery that had a point on it,what the hell are they going to do when the y ban "pencils" for having sharp points? :roll:
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

butch wrote:last I heard they banned kitchen cuttlery that had a point on it,what the hell are they going to do when the y ban "pencils" for having sharp points? :roll:
Hey :oops: They make me sign my checks with a crayon.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

The whole what can constitute a weapon concept is interesting, and some people respond very irrationally to it.

For example, I have a Pampered Chef grilling tool (burger flipper) that is MUCH more of a weapon than any of my switchblades. What would the average citizen consider to be the weapon, the switchblade or the burger flipper?

Another example, when I was a kid many adults eyed us with suspicion when we were shooting our BB guns but smiled approvingly when we took out our baseball equipment and played. What would you rather have if you needed a weapon - a BB gun or a baseball bat?

Here is a more recent example involving post 911 air travel. TSA confisgates small nail clippers and tweezers but allows laptops! Ever think what you could do with a laptop power cord or the laptop itself as opposed to the nail clipper or tweezer if a terrorist tried to take over a plane?

Jim
butch

Post by butch »

j.a.c. wrote:
butch wrote:last I heard they banned kitchen cuttlery that had a point on it,what the hell are they going to do when the y ban "pencils" for having sharp points? :roll:
Hey :oops: They make me sign my checks with a crayon.
LMAO!! :lol:
Grim

Post by Grim »

JerrBear wrote:This shouldn't really come as a surprise... I suspect these are the same clowns who, in their infinite wisdom, attempted to ban ALL knives with points inna U.K. earlier this year. I don't know how that came out.

UH OH! (In this morning's paper...)

"A Fresno man was arrested Tuesday night after he allegedly attacked his nephew with a samuari sword when the two men got into an argument over some video games.
Jim Sanchez, 31, was booked into Fresno County Jail on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and mayhem, Sgt. Rudy Tafoya said.
Christopher Torrez, 22, who lives with Sanchez, was admitted to Community Regional Medical Center with a stab wound to his left leg and three fingers - the pinky, ring and index fingers - on his left hand partially severed."

- The Fresno Bee 12/13/2007

Hey, mayhap those Brits are onna sumpin... :P
Hearing this shit makes me sick.just like the nut who shot up the shopping mall a couple of weeks ago with an Ak :evil:.You think a 31 year old grown man would know better that to severe his buddies fingers off. a 14 year old with an arsinal of knives airsoft guns and an a ak-47 with a small collection of violent books such as hitlers second book and numerous homemade weapons book.a 19 year old police officer who slaughters his ex girlfriend and 6 other friends with an Ar-15,And the government frowns on us switchblade collectors whens the last time you heard a youth commiting a multiple fatality massacre with a stiletto :roll:.personaly i think this world is f#@ked up.
DONT TREAD ON ME
Hadson

Post by Hadson »

Vagrant wrote:Hoplophobia has become the most common mental illness, know to science :wink:
http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Hoplophobia
It is illegal to criticise homosexuals in Britain. Carries heavier penalties than assault on a senior citizen.

Yes, the Government in the U.K is banning katana, this will probably include wakazashi too.

Also to be banned are deactivated firearms.

We still have pointy kitchen utensils :wink:.

God save the Queen, and the fascist regime eh'?.
Best regards, Hadson.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Hadson wrote:Yes, the Government in the U.K is banning katana, this will probably include wakazashi too.

Please, calm yourself. The government only wants to help you. They know that you cannot take care of yourself and that you cannot be trusted to act properly. That's why they have so many rules. Now don't go out and break any, you bad boy you. Don't even THINK about it.

BTW, your namesake made a pretty darn good car. Be proud :!:
Hadson

Post by Hadson »

natcherly wrote:
Hadson wrote:Yes, the Government in the U.K is banning katana, this will probably include wakazashi too.

Please, calm yourself. The government only wants to help you. They know that you cannot take care of yourself and that you cannot be trusted to act properly. That's why they have so many rules. Now don't go out and break any, you bad boy you. Don't even THINK about it.

BTW, your namesake made a pretty darn good car. Be proud :!:
It's a very misguided situation here at present. We have no laws in place regarding self defence outside the home, and even those are not up to standard

Homicide rate is averaging about one per day, we're talking your average Joe here not gang bangers. Compare that to 1953 in which only three homicides were committed in the course of a year.

We've banned SL rifles other than those in .22lr/wmr/sr, and pistols are completely prohibited. Yet hundreds of makarov and CZ pistols are being imported from the Balkans/former soviet nations.

A 12g break-action shotgun is far less controlled than a .22lr single shot target rifle :?:, in fact it's harder to obtain a permit for a air rifle running at 13ft/lb than a 12g :lol:.

.270 Remy bolt action/ 13ft/lb air rifle same thing basically in law.

Firearms are 100% prohibited for home defence, only politicians are allowed concealed carry pistol permits "or what amounts to them here".

Yet they still feel Asian swords are a greater threat at present :?:.

Bit of a poked in the eye with a sharp stick scenario if you ask me :lol:.

BTW: They also made pretty good lighters, rather nice example with me now.
Best regards, Hadson.