SKM shipping times?

Read-only area containing the discussions related to the (now defunct) SKM Knives web site and its products.

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
greaser

SKM shipping times?

Post by greaser »

I am waiting on an order and was just wondering if anyone knew about how long after the order is placed it will start to be shipped. Also once it is shipped do they usualy hold to the shipping predictions they make in the order section as far as how many days. Any info would be great.
greaser

Re: SKM shipping times?

Post by greaser »

greaser wrote:I am waiting on an order and was just wondering if anyone knew about how long after the order is placed it will start to be shipped. Also once it is shipped do they usualy hold to the shipping predictions they make in the order section as far as how many days. Any info would be great.
This is being shipped to the US east coast by the way.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

READ POSTING RULES PLEASE !
I'll "bend" the rules enough to say that; in the item description read the "availability" to guestimate how long it will take to ship. IF you ordered express you'll get an e-mail with more info, read it to discover more [like a number to put you on the "right track"] :idea:
I'll let one of the other mods decide wheather to nuke this post [or put a "stickey" on it] :wink:
greaser

Post by greaser »

Vagrant wrote:READ POSTING RULES PLEASE !
I'll "bend" the rules enough to say that; in the item description read the "availability" to guestimate how long it will take to ship. IF you ordered express you'll get an e-mail with more info, read it to discover more [like a number to put you on the "right track"] :idea:
I'll let one of the other mods decide wheather to nuke this post [or put a "stickey" on it] :wink:
sorry, my bad.
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

greaser wrote:I am waiting on an order and was just wondering if anyone knew about how long after the order is placed it will start to be shipped. Also once it is shipped do they usualy hold to the shipping predictions they make in the order section as far as how many days. Any info would be great.
Welcome to the forum Mr. Greaser.
If you buy something from Italy, like a, lets say a watch. It should take three or four days. If someone would send the same watch to you by Italian registered mail you are looking at eight to ten days. Be careful of the watches though, some are quite sharp. :roll:
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
sonnyboy

Post by sonnyboy »

Claudester wrote:If you buy something from Italy, like a, lets say a watch. It should take three or four days...
I ordered a watch from Somma Lombardo IT on 28 May...On 7 Jun it was shipped...On 8 Jun it was delivered to my door, near the East Coast... :)

It passed thru Paris FR, Memphis TN, and [deleted] NY on its way here...

I haven't seen my credit card bill yet... :roll:

But that's faster than a fast thing going really fast... :lol:

(Edit:...hmmm...I don't think I've mentioned anything too specific...) :wink:
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

People,don't forget,the watch companys go on vacation July-August ! That means no new watches until they are back :oops:
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Abes right! Good point
No watches I think the whole month of August. Maybe someone knows the dates that all watch shops are closed in Italy.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Milu

Post by Milu »

In theory the first 15/ 20 days of August.
In practice from the last week in July to the first week in September. Even if the watch shop has a skeleton staff in, very little happens :wink:
"se me burlé, me fico un cento e vinti in tel stomego"
Goldoni: La donna di Garbo, 1753
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Post by arthas »

Moved to SKM forum. ;)

M.
Ricky Ranger

Shipping time

Post by Ricky Ranger »

This note is part of my online order receipt:
SKM notes: On this order we'll offer you carrier delivery at same cost

As I read it SKM opens today Aug 21 2005 and it says my watch should be here ( because I paid more money) in 4 or 5 days. Is this to soon to expect shipment?

Milu wrote:In theory the first 15/ 20 days of August.
In practice from the last week in July to the first week in September. Even if the watch shop has a skeleton staff in, very little happens :wink:
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Re: Shipping time

Post by JerrBear »

Ricky Ranger wrote:SKM says my watch should be here in 4 or 5 days. Is this to soon to expect shipment?
Mr. Ricky Ranger,

Not at allness!

I once had an order shipped on Wednesday day, and I received it on Friday day...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Beltrame4

Post by Beltrame4 »

Sorry for bumping a very old post, but I must ask in context above ^^

Why do the watch makers/shops stop sales/production for July/August??

Hehe thanks :P :?:
Welcome to the deepend
peter44

Post by peter44 »

Beltrame4 wrote:Sorry for bumping a very old post, but I must ask in context above ^^

Why do the watch makers/shops stop sales/production for July/August??

Hehe thanks :P :?:
Hello ! Public summer holiday in italy i believe , what knives are you into ? If you get a minute Introduce yourself on talkblade revealed. Pete
Guns for show, knives for a pro!
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

This is good news! I was expecting to wait a good thirty days for my watch. Perhaps it will arrive much sooner.
Fishtail Picklock