Read-only area containing the discussions related to the (now defunct) SKM Knives web site and its products.

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Reetpleet

Post by Reetpleet »

hi everyone! newbie here just on the scene and waiting for my hardware to arrive and I have been reading the problems and concerns people have with their orders, etc. I've heard enough positive comments to agree with the suggestion to be patient and just wait for things to happen. Talk to you again when I get mine.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Hello and Welcome.

SD
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Welcome to the forum Mr. Reetpleet
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Reetpleet

Post by Reetpleet »

Well folks, got my hardware today. It is nice, not a "banana" a little sluggish but has a decent "snap". It sure is pretty. I, however, do not feel an addiction as of yet. I sure do want a 13 incher though.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Reetpleet wrote:Well folks, got my hardware today. It is nice, not a "banana" a little sluggish but has a decent "snap". It sure is pretty. I, however, do not feel an addiction as of yet. I sure do want a 13 incher though.

Mr. Reetpleet,

Mind telling us what you're talking about? "Hardware" just doesn't convey a lot of information...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Reetpleet

Post by Reetpleet »

Why Jerbear, my new 11" knife of course.
Hey! I'll buy it!
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Reetpleet wrote:Why Jerbear, my new 11" knife of course.

"Of course?"

Well, that's certainly a start - Can we safely assume it's an Italian stiletto? Does it have a blade and scales?
JerrBear
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Welcome
You'll never notice the addiction. It starts with getting an 11", then you think "gee, I'd like a 13", then you realize a 9" will fit the pocket better, then you reason a 5 1/2" would go nice in the shirt pocket, and a 15" would look nice on the wall. Then you wonder should I get a Stag or a Briarwood ? And on and on and on etc. :wink:
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

Vagrant wrote:Welcome
You'll never notice the addiction. It starts with getting an 11", then you think "gee, I'd like a 13", then you realize a 9" will fit the pocket better, then you reason a 5 1/2" would go nice in the shirt pocket, and a 15" would look nice on the wall. Then you wonder should I get a Stag or a Briarwood ? And on and on and on etc. :wink:
Sounds like a text book description if I've ever seen one Al.
:wink:
Welcome Reetpleet!
Reetpleet

Post by Reetpleet »

Yes. It is an 11" black handle, side opening Italian stiletto. I have a 9" Stilletto given me by a friend and thought, "Why not a 11" knife? Sorta like a big brother to my nine incher. Now my thoughts are on a 13 incher.
Hey! I'll buy it!
Reetpleet

Post by Reetpleet »

'Course a stag horn would be nice. Then there's all them different colored handles. Like I saw posted somewhere. . ."So many knives, so little money".
Hey! I'll buy it!
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Reetpleet wrote:I, however, do not feel an addiction as of yet.

Yeah, RIGHT!
That's what they all say...

Anna pig's butt ain't pork! :smile:
JerrBear
butch

Post by butch »

my addiction started with the first knife I bought! 8)