Flushing

Read-only area containing the discussions related to the (now defunct) SKM Knives web site and its products.

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Abe..

I've only just started to explore the site properly... I've never been a huge follower of fashion.. just picking the bits that I liked.. and living in the country for most of my life peer-pressure was practically non-existent ... personally I thought they (Edwardian suits and BIG hair) looked bloody stupid.. like everything else does when taken to extreme...

You may have noticed a part of that site covers the continuation of that fashion right up to today.... 60+ yr old Teddy Boys... :shock: ... definately NOT for this ole "boy"... ya need HAIR for a start.. :lol:

All the best
Teddy
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

I think The Beatles and The Kinks were the last to wear the velvet trimmed sport coats.
You're right about the hair. It was a big part of the look. As were the Italian pointed toe shoes and Cuban Heels on them.