New SKM purchaser has questions...

Read-only area containing the discussions related to the (now defunct) SKM Knives web site and its products.

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
dogngun

New SKM purchaser has questions...

Post by dogngun »

I just ordered an 11" SKM with dark horn scales and bayonet blade from Blade Play for $62.

What should I expect from this knife as far as workmanship, and durability (are they "fussy") ?
Is the price OK ?

This is my first auto, bought thanks to the experience of all of you in this forum, and I'm really excited about it. I have wanted one for decades, am finally getting one, and possibly a new hobby as well.

Thanks for a great site...your enthusiasm for your knives comes through, and it's really fun to read.

Mark 8)
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Greetings.. and a belated welcome to our forums..

The price you paid was excellent... the quality you can expect from it varies... some are good... some not so good.. but they aren't really designed for heavy use... they are designed for stabbing... nothing else.. (unless of course you include simply playing with.. which is what most of us do.. :lol: )

If you want a switchblade you can really use .. a leverlock would serve you better or any number of American knives .. or even some of the clones..

Glad to have you with us... all the best
Teddy
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

dogngun welcome to the forum first of all.
Congrats on your purchase, not a bad price considering some sellers will start an 11" at $70 or higher, depending on the scale color and maker.
You've started on an addiction that only feeds on getting more :twisted: ,good or bad, you're gonna want more. Just keep in mind our list of "good sellers" when the switchblade demons bite and gnaw again :twisted:
dogngun

Thanks, and FYI.....

Post by dogngun »

Placed order with Bladeplay around 4pm 9/21.
Recieved email confirming order 4:55 pm 9/21.
Recieved email confirming shipment 2:36PM 9/23.
Recieved my order before 3:30PM 9/24.

I selected the "Free Shipping" and did not expect the package till next week.

I am really pleased with the service and the knife is a beauty, great looking figured black horn scales and fast, tight lockup. And its a beeeg one!!!

I pass this information along to anyone as a recommendation .

Thanks again for the welcome, the advice and comments and the great site.

You really can't have just one of these, can you...

At least they are cheaper than S&W's. (So far...)

Mark 8)
magnum

Post by magnum »

dogngun-Bladeplay is a good place to buy knives i do the majority of my shopping there.Thay have great prices cheaper than alot of other websites
on Switchblades and i highly recommend them to anyone.The guy who owns Bladeplay goes the distance for his customers and gives them the best prices he can and he personally inspects every knife before your shipment goes out.If for some reason you get one your not satisfied with let him know and he will replace it.
Knife Addiction??What Knife Addiction??