My SKM 9" in the U.S.?

Read-only area containing the discussions related to the (now defunct) SKM Knives web site and its products.

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
wurmsinmyblood

My SKM 9" in the U.S.?

Post by wurmsinmyblood »

Hi everyone.. First time poster so please excuse me if I'm in the wrong place. I am interested in purchasing a stiletto switchblade made(?) by SKM but I'm a little weary of oredering from overseas for several reasons. This is the first time I will be purchasing an automatic knife with the exception of a few junkers purchased at gun shows during childhood, and an old lever-lock I use to have..(I'm 25 now and love to collect) I want to get a feel for the quality of their knives before I make any nicer purchases..so I have decided that this particular knife is to my liking..

http://www.switchblades.it/images/manici/1/itst/33.jpg

It is the 9" Stiletto switchblade with orange acrylic handle,stainless steel pins, and polished bayonet blade. Can anyone tell me if there is a U.S. supplier that can have this knife ordered for me to avoid customs hassles, high shipping $$, etc.? I know acrylic is probably not the best choice of handle material, but I really like the looks of this one and I want it to be my starter piece. Thanks for reading my post and I hope to hear from anyone who may be able to help. THANKS

~Jude

P.S.~ I would probably be willing to settle for the dagger style blade, but I'd rather the bayonet.. I like the look of these blades in Stilettos.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

If you want to purchase on this side of the pond, locate our "Good Ones" list and check out the sellers on it :idea: Also scroll to the bottom of this page and find "BladeAlliance web sites:" and click on Tinys 8)
wurmsinmyblood

RE..

Post by wurmsinmyblood »

Hey, thank you for the fast reply Vagrant..

I checked Tiny's.. after a little reading and positive feedback.. and decided to e-mail him about the availability of the knife. Hopefully he can help me out.

THANKS

~Jude
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Don't forget for a huge variety of knives and prices BladeAuction.com. There is nothing wrong with buying overseas as long as you pay the extra for express del so to offset that price you should buy about 4 knives otherwise that $50 dollar knife will run you closer to $90
PB
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. wurmsinmyblood,

Welcome to the Forum!

I have a 9" AB/SKM orange acrylic with bayo and one with kris. They do not look like the one in their photo. The one in the photo looks like a solid, almost dayglo orange.

Mine are lighter in color, translucent, with swirls.

You might want to inquire of the dealer, depending upon what you want...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Orange? Are you a school crossing guard?
PB
wurmsinmyblood

Post by wurmsinmyblood »

Thanks for the welcome.. I'm glad to be here.

JerrBear, can you send/post some pics of the bayo one? I'm not sure how I'd like it if it were more transluscent.. I'd like to see what you have to offer. Thanks.

PB, No, I'm not a school crossing guard.. But that's a colorful picture! haha
I just like orange. I'm sure many colors (including black) will find their way into my case.

~Jude
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

wurmsinmyblood wrote: JerrBear, can you send/post some pics of the bayo one? I'm not sure how I'd like it if it were more transluscent.. I'd like to see what you have to offer. Thanks.

Mr. wurmsinmyblood,

Since I don't have a computer or digital camera, I will have to seek outside help. It may take me a few days, but I will try to get something up here as soon as I can.
JerrBear
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. wurmsinmyblood,

This is possible only because of my SUPERB.... and MOS' helpful friends who have progressed beyond the age of steam
and DO have the necessary equipment, to whom I give my undying gratitude.

JerrBear
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

JerrBear wrote:This is possible only because of my SUPERB.... and MOS' helpful friends who have progressed beyond
the age of steam and DO have the necessary equipment, to whom I give my undying gratitude.

Why Misser Jerrybear.... how kind of you.... one does what one can you know.... anything for an old pal... :wink:

Best wishes
Teddy
wurmsinmyblood

Post by wurmsinmyblood »

Thanks to BOTH of you veeeeery much.. ;)

~Jude

JerrBear, check your PM.

THANKS
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

You might want to check out 'Bladeplay', there on our list of good ones and they carry a pretty good selection of stilettos, fair prices to and good to deal with.
blackjack
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'