Skm Kit

Read-only area containing the discussions related to the (now defunct) SKM Knives web site and its products.

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

zed wrote:ok guys

got the knife
put it together, didn't take long, just as you said.

One question
How do I open it proper?

sometimes it just opens halfways, I've only gotten it all the way once.
Miltech time.

SD
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

The blade pivot pin is the pin upon which the blade pivots... :wink:

If the blade doesn't swing freely when hanging at 90 degrees from the handle you might try loosening said pivot pin... or rather loosening the fit of the blade to the pin... the gurus on this forum probably have the best ways of doing this but I just grip the blade near the handle with something good and solid and "wiggle" it up and down til the blade DOES swing freely...

However if I received a knife that didn't lock open properly when I hit the button it would get sent back for a replacement.... accepting an automatic knife that isn't is bloody silly.

Best wishes
Teddy
zed

Post by zed »

ey stepdaddy

what's miltech?

The blade isn't supposed to get stuck i a 90 degree angle from the handle. Is that correct? Cause mine does.

It's quit a ways to send it back to italy if the problem is minor. So I think I'll give it a try and just wiggle it a bit.

Teddy, you were from UK right, where do you buy your knieves. I guess we got the same "problems".
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Mr. Zed,

Miltech is a rather special lubricant... but just what MAKES it special I have not a clue. Others will no doubt be able to advise as to where to obtain it.

If the blade of your knife "sticks" at 90 degrees to the handle I would suggest that little "wriggle" might help. I have had no problems whatsoever returning faulty knives.

AB/SKM.... Knifeshop... AKC.... Frank Beltrame... all are reputable dealers/makers... please use PM's for any further questions regarding buying switchblades from within the UK.

Best wishes
Teddy