What A Rip Off!! Scam!!

Read-only area containing the discussions related to the (now defunct) SKM Knives web site and its products.

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Diane S

What A Rip Off!! Scam!!

Post by Diane S »

:x I ordered 2 knives from SKM on October 30 2003. I have not received my orders and I have not received any emails explaining why I haven't gotten my orders! The only email I got was some bullshit about sending more money to cover some shipping charge that was already adjusted the second day after I paid for them!!! :x
Again I get an email saying I need to pay another $34.78 when I already paid for the damn shipping! Why should I pay again when they were not shipped anyways!?!?
This company is bad business! No communication and they'll rip you off! Don't buy from them!! :evil:
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Diane:

Welcome to the forum, I'm sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your order. I do not know exactly what the entire story is, so the best I could offer you is: Many of the members of this forum deal with and own many SKM knives. The company has a good rep around here. I hope things get worked out to correct any misunderstanding that have taken place. If you're willing to hang out here a bit, you may learn of dealers that are closer to you that may prevent any kind of shipping woes in the future. If you just stopped by to rant and run well I hope you find happiness elsewhere.

SD
Diane S

Post by Diane S »

I just want my order or a refund. Every other attempt to resolve this issue has been ignored so maybe they'll take notice of this message.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Welcome
It would be polite to PM one of us first, before posting angry complaints. [I understand that when things go wrong it can be very annoying, but I assure you it's not intentional]. I have done thousands of dollars worth of business with SKM with ZERO problems. I'm sure it can all be worked out. Having copies of your bills, receipts, and e-mails would be a great help when you e-mail SKM with your problem. Much of this info may be in accounts and orders. Click on that and copy it and paste it to your e-mail. [I have NO conection with SKM but have been a customer for years and also a part of the forum. They are one of the finest companies I have ever dealt with, and I'm sure any problem can be worked out].
Diane S

Post by Diane S »

Did all that. Sent copies of orders, bills, payment confirmation and for 3 months nothing. I even sent my phone number and nothing. 3-4 months of waiting for an item with no explaination is a long time and I'm sure anyone would be just as frustrated as I am.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Diane
How did you have it shipped? By what way?
PB
Diane S

Post by Diane S »

My account says "Express Carrier" but the status has now been changed to "Exception". I have no clue what that means and I have not received a reply for the email I sent out 2 days ago. :?
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

i too am sorry to hear you are having problems - this is quite out of the ordinary for SKM - who usually has top knotch customer service!

the status "exception" usually means a problem at customs - was it being sent to a company or an individual?
Diane S

Post by Diane S »

Well crappy~poo! If it got stopped at customs why didn't they just email me??? At least I would have known what happened.
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

you will be the first to find out - not SKM...besides until you know for sure you MUST be patient (yes even more patient than you have been already)

the fine folks at US customs don't give a rats ass how long they take when they decide to mess with your parcels....taking it out on SKM will not further your cause! you will just have to trust that they are not trying to "rip you off" they are professional company.

i don't work for SKM - but i can see if i can find out what's going on for you...
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Diane,

Welcome, and I too empathize with your situation. I wholeheartedly agree with the positive comments about SKM, although I understand that does nothing to get you shipment to you. The good news is that inspector bigg is on the case and should be able to help.

Jim
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Wow Diane S, I truly hope you can get this one worked out. I to am one of those people who has done a lot of buisness with SKM, (my first new switch came from them, and many since then) with ZERO complaints, in fact the only surprises Ive had was the occasional discount. Can anybody help :?: This does not sound at all like the SKM I do buisness with.
blackjack
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Ms. Diane,

A rant worthy of discussion. Even though SKM hosts this fine forum, international shipping can be a real bitch sometimes. Some of the other members have offered very sound advice of your predicament. We have members here who have waited as long as 6 months to receive their shipments. Mr. mrbigg is right about customs. Sometimes they will put it on a shelf waiting for an inquiry. Sometimes they like to play with the things and take ballpeen hammers to them, and release them to you after they had their fun (huh Mr. Vagrant). My advice is to keep waiting. In my business, I have learned to ignore the people who bitch at me the most, so if you are sending SKM hate mail, well, it's not going to make things better. As much as I like SKM, AKC, Frank Beltrame and the other dealers from across the pond, I simply quit buying from over there, and deal with local dealers here in the states who have the stuff I want, without the headaches of international shipping. Go to the 'Good Ones' list in the switchblade forum, and Tinys always has a full load of SKM knives ready to go. Once you start acumulating some of this spring steel, you'll appreciate the fact that we can even aquire them.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Diane S

Post by Diane S »

Since most of you are customers of SKM, are you residents of the USA? I'm asking because I want to know if shipping to the states is more difficult than to other countries when it comes to knives.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Diane S wrote:Since most of you are customers of SKM, are you residents of the USA? I'm asking because I want to know if shipping to the states is more difficult than to other countries when it comes to knives.
Diane: There are many Americans on the board. Question #2 when you consider the fact that importing is a No No, Well...
A few members have advised you on browsing the forum, and trying to find a dealer that is already stateside. If you crave these items it would prevent any future importing issues.

SD