Front opener re-assembly

Read-only area containing the discussions related to the (now defunct) SKM Knives web site and its products.

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Rich

Front opener re-assembly

Post by Rich »

Hi, Having so boldly taken apart my front opener, I seem to have re-assembly problems. Namely, what is the configuration of the parts located in the sliding channel, and how is the blade attached to the levers in the channel? Rich, the stumped one!
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Rich
They can be a bitch to put back together unless your a rocket scientist. I'll bet you paid under $50 get a new one and leave it be. Or go to the photo forum and look at the first thread Red has a pic somewhere on his site of them taken apart.
PB
Rich

Post by Rich »

Thanks Pushbutton for the help. In the interim, I've gotten an 11" stilleto with olivewood and this serious, kick-ass commando OTF with lanyard to retract blade. I mean, I mean, this knife with razor-sharp blade could have handled half of the bad-guys in Cambodia. Sorry, I forgot,we are a one people globe now. Anyway, I haven't given up on low-priced OTF and have learned many lessons except how to put it all together. later, rppride :?:
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Rich
Glad things turned out good for you. The 11" sounds sweet as far as the OTF goes please don't make the mistake that it is a weapon. The cheap otf's are about the flimsyest knife you can find. They are fun to play with but never rely on it.
PB