pick locks and pullbacks

Read-only area containing the discussions related to the (now defunct) SKM Knives web site and its products.

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
akk

pick locks and pullbacks

Post by akk »

Hi everyone, Please forgive me for my ignorance, i'm a new member. i was going through the skm website and saw picklocks and pullbacks. i couldn't notice any difffrence between picklocks and stilettos. what what is a pull back?.
dark2023

Re: pick locks and pullbacks

Post by dark2023 »

Ok, I had this question when I was new too, and it's kind of hard to find an answer online

Normal Stilettos are swivel bolster models, this means that the front bolster rotates and pushes up one hte back spring, releasing the blade.

Then there are pick locks, these area little different, in that the bolster does not move, but the locking tab on the backspring is wider (and a little weaker). You have to physically pull up on it to release the blade. (this requires 2 hands, as opposed to the swivels which take one hand)

Then there are lockbacks, like most swinguards, were the knife locks into a tab hear the back, when that tab is pushed the blade is released (the exact same system as a buck knife)

There are also button open / Button close (BO/BC for short), these are VERY rare and use the button (same one that opens the knife) to unlock the blade and allow it to close. For some reason no one makes and stilettos like this anymore.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Still wondering what a pullback is?
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
joXeoX4v

Post by joXeoX4v »

dark2023 wrote:Ok, I had this question when I was new too, and it's kind of hard to find an answer online

Normal Stilettos are swivel bolster models, this means that the front bolster rotates and pushes up one hte back spring, releasing the blade.

Then there are pick locks, these area little different, in that the bolster does not move, but the locking tab on the backspring is wider (and a little weaker). You have to physically pull up on it to release the blade. (this requires 2 hands, as opposed to the swivels which take one hand)

Then there are lockbacks, like most swinguards, were the knife locks into a tab hear the back, when that tab is pushed the blade is released (the exact same system as a buck knife)

There are also button open / Button close (BO/BC for short), these are VERY rare and use the button (same one that opens the knife) to unlock the blade and allow it to close. For some reason no one makes and stilettos like this anymore.
That's a nice fact up there! :mrgreen: