Difference between a standard and bayonet blade?

Read-only area containing the discussions related to the (now defunct) SKM Knives web site and its products.

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
rxyl81

Difference between a standard and bayonet blade?

Post by rxyl81 »

Hi,
I am a super newbie. I just ordered this knife for my boyfriend.

http://www.skm.to/pages/skm/pager/p/itst_5_37.html

I was going to order the standard one for $112 but that was too pricey so I changed it to the fourth one down, the one for 65.88, the polished bayonet blade. What's the difference in the blade? I am hoping it looks similar to the one in the photo at the top of the page? Any information is appreciated. Sorry if this is a stupid question. I know nothing about knives.

Thanks.
Chrisadamley

Re: Difference between a standard and bayonet blade?

Post by Chrisadamley »

yes, yours should look like the one on the top of the page. If you look at that knife, youll notice there is a swedge cut partways down the blade out to the tip. This portion is unsharpened. The picture shown there is considered a bayonet. And polished just means there will be a nice finish on it, like, should be able to see your reflection in the blade.

Hope that helps some. Your boyfriend should be very pleased.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

The top blade you were looking at, the ATS34 Standard, is so expensive because of the much higher grade of blade steel (ATS34, which if your BF plans on actually using the knife would be a better choice). Otherwise, the other blade polished blade types are pretty much the same cost.

You might be better off looking at this site which is run by A Beltrame, the maker of the SKM stilettos. You can build the knife on the website itself and see how it will look:

http://www.switchblade-knives.it/bin/ab ... 6103210153
sprite

Post by sprite »

Natcherly, have you seen Tequiza? Do you have any contact info for him? He was supposed to send me a knife through the mail, but I want to contact him to make sure he did it.

Thanks pal!
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

sprite wrote:Natcherly, have you seen Tequiza? Do you have any contact info for him? He was supposed to send me a knife through the mail, but I want to contact him to make sure he did it.

Thanks pal!
cmon are you kidding right now?....lol your ridiculous.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

sprite wrote:Natcherly, have you seen Tequiza?
Teq is extremely hard to see. A dedicated research scientist, he is working on the development of camouflage along the lines of that displayed by cuttlefish wherein their skin cells are manipulated to mimic the background adjacent to the cephalopod. I'll do what I can....
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

natcherly wrote:
Teq is extremely hard to see. A dedicated research scientist, he is working on the development of camouflage along the lines of that displayed by cuttlefish wherein their skin cells are manipulated to mimic the background adjacent to the cephalopod. I'll do what I can....
But, if one learns to distinguish the round nature of individual chromatophores and compare that to the often linear surroundings, you may be able to visually aquire an image of the subject :wink:
sprite

Post by sprite »

I hope I don't get banned for saying this but God I wish I was white.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I just MUST ask.
What the HE!! does that have to do with ANYTHING :?: :?: :?:
sprite

Post by sprite »

Because the whole forum is white. I could enjoy my knife buying experience more if I were white.
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

There are members here from all around the world and pretty much every ethnic group.
Has nothing to do with color or race , just some people show up acting like we all owe them something and get treated accordingly.
sprite

Post by sprite »

I didn't say I got treated badly because I was black. All I said is that knife collecting seems like it would be better to do if I was white. That's all. Man I wish I was white.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

natcherly wrote:
Long hours of research are finally paying off, I now can take on the appearance of a corona bottle and blend in at any Bar, I fully expect the Nobel peace prize for this :D
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

sprite wrote:I hope I don't get banned for saying this but God I wish I was white.
sprite wrote:Because the whole forum is white. I could enjoy my knife buying experience more if I were white.
sprite wrote:I didn't say I got treated badly because I was black. All I said is that knife collecting seems like it would be better to do if I was white. That's all. Man I wish I was white.
Stand by, the Race Card just got played - 3 times - albeit in a rather novel, even weirdly strange way. Al and Jesse may have something to say later....

A personal note to Mr. sprite. Even if you were purple with pink polka-dots, or as white as Elizabeth 1 (when wearing her signature white-lead makeup), we would still react the same way to your utterly bizarre behavior. True 28 year old's do not interact with other folks the way you do. Look up the definition of Troll, as it relates to boards such as this, and leave us alone if you cannot show common courtesy and common sense.
redeye

Post by redeye »

tequiza wrote:
natcherly wrote:
Long hours of research are finally paying off, I now can take on the appearance of a corona bottle and blend in at any Bar, I fully expect the Nobel peace prize for this :D

I will never drink another Corona as long as I live just in case i was to accidently pick up Tequiza :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
come to think of it i aint never drank a Corona at all so i guess I am safe
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}