Old-timers???

Read-only area containing the discussions related to the (now defunct) SKM Knives web site and its products.

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
PhillyDog

Old-timers???

Post by PhillyDog »

About 8 years ago, I was a member of the Switchblade Forum that was run on SKM's Website. Mickey was the moderator (is that you, Arthas?). I was wondering if anyone knows what happened to some of the old-time forum members whose usernames were Blade, Merlin, Hermit and Louisianna Yarddog? Both Merlin and Hermit produced some beautifully customized switches. Thanks for any info.
whippersnapper

Re: Old-timers???

Post by whippersnapper »

Hermit still checks in at the Switchblade forum http://login.prospero.com/dir-login/ind ... FlgnJR%3D1 and I think he also has a web site.

Merlin has been fairly active on sharperdeal.com lately, and has a web site.

I'm not familiar with the other names you mentioned, but I'm sure some of the other guys may have info.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Hi PhillyDog,

It was about 8 years ago when I found the forum you are referring to.

Mickey is Arthas

Louisiana Yarddog disappeared after causing much controversy

Blade disappeared

Some other names you might remember:

Bill DeShivs, Ragtimered, Vagrant, JerrBear, Gort, Veech, autoknife, komodo,Wally J Corpse, crmnal, Switch67, Bangie, Switchblade9, PantherTrac (now The Falcon) are still here.

Welcome back

Jim

Sadly, pushbutton passed away a few years ago.
PhillyDog

Post by PhillyDog »

[quote="jim d,"]Hi PhillyDog,

It was about 8 years ago when I found the forum you are referring to.
Mickey is Arthas
Louisiana Yarddog disappeared after causing much controversy
Blade disappeared

Some other names you might remember:

Bill DeShivs, Ragtimered, Vagrant, JerrBear, Gort, Veech, autoknife, komodo,Wally J Corpse, crmnal, Switch67, Bangie, Switchblade9, PantherTrac (now The Falcon) are still here.

Jim & Whippersnapper:

Thanks for the info. I thought that I recognized Arthas as Mickey from a pic of him at the old SKM Forum. I think his mom also worked at SKM. As I recall, Blade left the old Forum due to numerous conflicts with Louisiana Yarddog. LYD was quite a character. He and I got along very well. However, some days he was just fine and other days he was, oh well... There was another old Forum member, Black Widow, who wreaked a lot of havoc on the site.

Glad to hear that Merlin and Hermit are still around and still in business.

--PhillyDog
PhiladelphiaPhunk

Post by PhiladelphiaPhunk »

Go Phillies !