What A Rip Off!! Scam!!

Read-only area containing the discussions related to the (now defunct) SKM Knives web site and its products.

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Diane S

Post by Diane S »

Wonder why it's such a big deal to import knives? Especially for private collections.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Diane S wrote:Wonder why it's such a big deal to import knives? Especially for private collections.
Thats another story. But restrictions on some knives are more restrictive then firearms in our states.

SD
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Were treading on very thin ice in this discussion as far as customs is concerned. We usually avoid even mentioning the name, [although the term "c-world" is mentioned now and then]. The import laws are exact and "technicaaly" even the government can't import. That's why it's a "big deal" for even a private collector that only wants one. I'm astonished you have had this much trouble since it is unheard of unless public servants stole your item[s]. Then if you werre using the tracking # you could access the carrier and be the first to know. I'm really at a loss as to what else I can say because I've never been aware of a situation quite like this.
Hopefully this will be resolved since company representatives do monitor the forum. If they really were as bad as you think your post would never have seen the light of day. [And the company would not be in business if they "ripped people off"]. This is a very rare incident. I know that doesn't help you but hopefully things will be corrected.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Bonzo wrote:Ms. Diane,

A rant worthy of discussion. Even though SKM hosts this fine forum, international shipping can be a real bitch sometimes. Some of the other members have offered very sound advice of your predicament. We have members here who have waited as long as 6 months to receive their shipments. Mr. mrbigg is right about customs. Sometimes they will put it on a shelf waiting for an inquiry. Sometimes they like to play with the things and take ballpeen hammers to them, and release them to you after they had their fun (huh Mr. Vagrant). My advice is to keep waiting. In my business, I have learned to ignore the people who bitch at me the most, so if you are sending SKM hate mail, well, it's not going to make things better. As much as I like SKM, AKC, Frank Beltrame and the other dealers from across the pond, I simply quit buying from over there, and deal with local dealers here in the states who have the stuff I want, without the headaches of international shipping. Go to the 'Good Ones' list in the switchblade forum, and Tinys always has a full load of SKM knives ready to go. Once you start acumulating some of this spring steel, you'll appreciate the fact that we can even aquire them.

Best regards,

Bonz
When a package is "visiting" "C-world" for two weeks and then is released with nothing missing but two gift boxes are destroyed, it is a strange world.
And Yes overseas dealings are enough to increase RollAids consumption. The companies are First Rate but it's a long way and lots of "middle men"
[official types] are along the route.
missaman

Post by missaman »

mrbigg wrote:i too am sorry to hear you are having problems - this is quite out of the ordinary for SKM - who usually has top knotch customer service!

the status "exception" usually means a problem at customs - was it being sent to a company or an individual?
Yea that yellow tape blows :wink:
Missaman
Diane S

Post by Diane S »

Wooo~Whoooo! I finally got a reply!! They said it will be shipped out soon. So I guess it wasn't shipped after all :? Anyway, at least I know what's goin' on. :wink:
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Diane no matter what the business your in or who you deal with sooner or later shit happens. Its whos willing to make it right that counts since everyone can make a mistake. You could have been alot worse off if this deal was with a jerk. Remember everyone makes mistakes but not everyone fixes their mistakes. 8)
PB
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

Yep, thats one thing I really like about SKM, there willingness to try to make things right.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Diane S wrote:Wooo~Whoooo! I finally got a reply!! They said it will be shipped out soon. So I guess it wasn't shipped after all :? Anyway, at least I know what's goin' on. :wink:
Diane: Take the time to visit the switch forum here. If you read around you'll find that there's easier ways to acquire the items you wanted. Same make same quality, less shipping hassle. The feel free to post praise about the beautiful items you've received.

SD
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Diane:

Not going to tell us how your situation turned out? Just came in to make noise and ran away?

SD
ratstuph

Post by ratstuph »

Sadly, apparently so. Hurricane Diane, then?
sheep-free since '93'...
Stone Knife

Post by Stone Knife »

I guess got knife and thanks for the memories? :lol:
Reetpleet

Rip Off

Post by Reetpleet »

I agree with others in their suggestion to be patient and wait for things to happen. I too am a first time customer and anxious but come what may we need to just wait.
Reetpleet

Rip off, Scam

Post by Reetpleet »

Send it to me. I will buy it. :lol:
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

Diane S wrote:I just want my order or a refund. Every other attempt to resolve this issue has been ignored so maybe they'll take notice of this message.
Have you tried speaking Italian? If no perhap they not understand to your need.

I've gotten stuff from them in as little as a week and sometimes I don't get it for 2 months. They allow you to check your order status online.

If you wish to order thing from overseas from people that speak a different language you now realize why so many prefer to buy stateside even if they have to pay a few bucks more. :D
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.