Got my Dalton

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Blade Runner

Got my Dalton

Post by Blade Runner »

My Dalton Companion came today (love that fast shipping from Tiny) and it's everything I'd hoped for. Absolutely tight, solid lock-up. Even my better quality switches like Benchmade or Al Mar have at least a little side to side movement locked, even if it's a negligible amount. Not this one. The first couple of times I fired it (opens fast) I found the button placement a little awkward, but I'm already used to it. Hollow ground blade is shaving sharp. This is my first Dalton, and if this knife is typical of RD quality it won't be my last. I'd like to see this knife in an 11" version.

Now I HAVE to get a Godfather.
Zack

Post by Zack »

Got mine today too. I can't believe I honestly missed the fact that this... beast... has an ATS34 blade. I mean, as many times as I checked out the list on it, you would think that detail would jump out at me and nail me pretty good. On the positive side, it sure was one helluva pleasant suprise. The first time I opened it, I didn't have the grip right and it felt a bit awkward. However, as soon as the brain fart cloud dissipated, I realized all I had to do was move my index finger a little. I found out you can open this BAD BOY with two fingers. I also found out, instantly, that it's almost impossible to hang on to it with two fingers... It stopped just short of a nice desk lamp. I'm just glad it didn't hit the floor.
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

Hey Zack, just be glad it didn't land on your foot! I can tell I'll need to be careful with this knife. I think that point would go right through my work boots, no problem. I finally went with the silver, though I liked the black too. If I have to find one thing I'm not too crazy about, it's that the button isn't recessed...and this is one knife you do NOT want firing in your pocket!
Zack

Post by Zack »

I'll admit I was a little worried about the button at first, too. The more I play with it, though, the more I like it the way it is. It takes a decent amount of pressure to fire that animal. You're right, I wouldn't want it to go off in my pocket, either. But, it seems to me that you'd have to press your leg up against something pretty hard to open it. Maybe if you have to get your leg under a steering wheel that's too close to the seat... The point on that mugg is like a needle. I figure I'll just exercise a little caution and take my chances...