Help with Loose sliding safety

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
bebola

Help with Loose sliding safety

Post by bebola »

Is there an easy fix for a loose sliding safety?
I have a 13" Stag w/ Bayo Stiletto and the safety is very loose.
I was hoping there was a easy fix someone might know?
Thanks
johnny blade

Post by johnny blade »

The only way Iknow of to fix this is to gain access to the base of the switch deep inside the handle by removing the scale(if possible)and slightly bending where it contacts so as to create more resistance.If this dosen't work ,closley examine the path of the safety and try to "create" resistance or "drag" in some other manner.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Safety

Post by Vagrant »

It's a gamble and you have been warned it may break things but, grabbing
the safety with a fine pair of pliers and twisting it SLIGHTY clockwise usually works. This takes a fair amount of "feel" but if you can resist proving how good you can twist and proceed slowly and carefully it MAY be
worth the risk. I've done several dozen with no damage other than one or two "now it's too tight" complaints. I hope someday someone comes up with a better, faster, less risky, longer lasting, method. Once again you do
risk breaking it off.
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

This is my main gripe with stilettos. Sorry I cant tell you an easy fix (I've tried to fix this a time or two myself) cause in my case this signals the end of the blade for carry. I even had a stiletto once where the button got crushed in and would no longer lever the release pin to launch the blade. Stilettos seem to me to be more a beautiful display item, or very occasional carry piece and thats why I'm a leverlock addict now-no cheesy mechanism to crap out.