Tomb Raider Knife

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Blade Runner

Tomb Raider Knife

Post by Blade Runner »

Razor_54's question about a movie knife reminded me of something. I saw an OTF on BA being advertised as the knife from Tomb Raider...but it's NOT! I recently watched the movie again, and advanced it frame at a time through those knife scenes. It's a side-opening stiletto, with small guards and a ring attached to one side. Anyone know if that's an actual production knife, or was it a prop made just for the movie? I'm talking about the one the main villain, the Illuminati dude, used.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Hey Blade, I also saw the knife you mentioned on BA, and your right it is not the same knife as seen in the movie. Been trying to get info on the knife from Tomb Raider, but no luck yet. If i find anything, will keep you knife nuts posted.
Lefty

Fake "Tomb Raider" Knife

Post by Lefty »

Yeah, that's just the new German OTF sold by http://www.cutlerytogo.com
Pic:
http://www.cutlerytogo.com/germanotf.html

It's definitely a cool knife anyway for $50. Just don't pay anymore than that, if you bid on it.

Lefty
johnny blade

Post by johnny blade »

Does anyone know how this thing would compare to an SKM OTF quality wise? 50$ US is about 15$ more than a similar SKM model. Anyone here handled one yet? or know anybody that has?
Lefty

Fake "Tomb Raider" Knife

Post by Lefty »

I have some of the AB/SKM OTFs and I love them for the price and novelty factor. These German OTFs look like they have a nicer blade and they also have a metal button instead of plastic. I love the boxy frame too. I'd say they appear to be at least as good or better quality as the AB/SKM OTFs and probably worth the extra $15 just for their uniqueness. I'm willin' to bet that the same company that makes these OTFs, makes the AB/SKMs because the AB/SKM OTFs are German made.
I'm gettin' one for sure.
I see some poor sucker paid over $100 dollars for one on BladeAuction!
I think I'll pay $50 plus shipping, no problem. Hey, you live and learn. I've been suckered before too. Be careful on Blade Auction. It pays to look around before you buy.

Lefty
bebola

Love it

Post by bebola »

I just got one and I love it. I have the 777-L and a 707 and I would take this so called Tomb Raider over it anytime. The blade is thicker and the action is smoother...all around I think it's worh rhe extra $15.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

I'm waiting for the official "Scooby-Doo" movie knife. Should be a real collector's item if it shows up on the "Antique Roadshow" in 2042 A.D.
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. The Falcon-

Like wow, man, put me down for a Scooby-Doo blade too! Do you have some inside line on these vaunted collectibles? I have been agonizing over the slow release to the public of the Brady Bunch stiletto, and I keep checking the PBS site for the Teletubbies leverlock, you know, the one Po used on Tinki-Winkie to get that damned purse of him. Clue me in if you have a clue.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
vinithehat

Post by vinithehat »

1) you know which one had the purse.
2)ZOINKS!

that is all.

vini
Taking typos to new levels.
Wally J. Corpse

Greetings, Mr. Vinithehat-

Of course I know which one had the purse. Here in this zone of Fornicalia, purse tubbie made headlines because his right to queerism was being challenged by the moral outspoken. Plus, my neighbor has a poster of the lot in his cell, with a strobe light blinking to Captain and Tenille.

Wish you were here-(instead of me).

AS ever,

your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Mood

Post by Vagrant »

Greeting Wally,
There is something about getting home from work at 3:30 a.m. having a couple of shots of Sambvca, and reading a few of your posts that makes life seem worth living. [Or at least observing]. However it is difficult to "Tilt at windmills" when you have knocked them all down. But this does leave time for other things so I am gratefull. [Maybe it was three shots of Sambvca but since I aquired an ex. no-one counts for me anymore].
Please note that despite the common story, a draft notice [at least in the 60s] did not say "Greetings" it said "Greeting". If it's good enough for our "Uncle" it's good enough for us. Enjoy the Fourth with Bonz and I will
take solice in the fact that while I can't join you I shall make enough noise that the people in the People's Democratic Rubuplic become concerned that the sky is falling.
Wally J. Corpse

Greetings, Mr. Vagrant-

I am honored that my feeble twisted rantings may contibute to your sense of ironic chuckleness. I'll have to try that Sambvca stuff when I get out- I hope it's really flammable, which is way more important than taste to us former selves. Please rest assured that you will be honored in absentia at the soon to be national headlined debacle of bomb worship on Doofus-Zoomie mountain. I will personally push for Mr. Vagrant's carnal adventure by proxy, in effigy if she'll let me catch her. And, of course, as with any gathering of more than one smartass roofer, if you're not there, it's your fault. Please send self addressed, stamped envelope with signed, yet blank, confession to Bonzoid Hedonist Orgy, Spastic, Ca.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Post by Doofus Emeritus »

Mr. Corpse,

I would really be interested in a 'Beanie-Baby' type of bayonet stiletto, along with some 25 window pane/shroom mixture. When the little darlings come to life, they can rip the stuffings out of each other, thus fullfilling my desire to banish them from cutie-pie land. Since I fed the last remnants of said overpiced commie gerbils to my beloved'Herr Schultz', bring some up next week, we'll give them a 7.62 intro.

Mr. Vagrant,

I would be most happy to throw in an extra $100 on my shipment if ya come on out. The zoomies here are really harmless, unless of course, one attaches itself to your leg and won't let go. When that happens, a quick 12oz. spring water bottle duche will make them fall off and turn into a pumpkin as they are allergic to water. Don't piss on them! It only attracts more. Wally will get his share of the lemurian/zoomies on the 4th.

Best Regards,

Bonz
In Search of the Eternal Buzz
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

the 4th

Post by Vagrant »

Don't forget to put smiley face stickers in the 10 ring.
vinithehat

Post by vinithehat »

zoinks, it's like super-creepy in here man! i'm outta here!
Taking typos to new levels.